Chapter 4

As the door opens, Thor steps in with short hair "Tell me Loki's isn't as short." Thor gives a sideways smile, before Loki steps into the house with stunningly short hair, what's blonde and brown.

My lips part and he sighs "That wasn't a the reaction I was hoping for." he puts his keys up, before kicking off his shoes and sitting on the couch.

Thor sits next to him and Loki starts munching on a bag of candy "Can I have one?" Thor asks and Loki hands him one.

As soon as it's in Thor's mouth, Loki starts cracking up as Thor starts panting for air "What's wrong with him?" I ask.

"This bag of candy has different effects for different colors. Try a yellow." I do, and it's extremely sour "Thor ate a ghost pepper candy."

"Remind me never to cross you." I state as Thor starts turning bright red.

~

After Thor leaves, I whisper to Loki "How about a shower?" he gives a little smile, before turning off the television, and letting me lead him into my bedroom.

I'm halfway to ecstasy when I moan out "I want to be yours!" he stops rather abruptly and gives me a perplexed look "Sorry... forget about that."

"Are you not, already?" he asks and I give him the same look "I'm either a one night stand, or a boyfriend. I'm not a fuck buddy."

"Are you sleeping with other people?" I ask and he shakes his head "But, I thought you wanted an open relationship?"

"I only did it for Thanos." he states, sliding his hand up and down my back "After seven years, our sex life was trash. He was sleeping around."

With a sigh of relief, I rest my head on his shoulder and run my fingers through his soaked hair "I like your hair..."

I hear him scoff, before pressing his lips to my wrist.

~

As Barton's children arrive, the baby cries. The mother died during child birth, and that was only last month, seeing as it's January.

Loki steps out of my room with a frown "Is there a baby in here?" Barton gives me a look and I shrug.

Loki stops dead in his tracks, and gasps as he sees the baby boy. He smiles, before holding out his arms to take him.

The instant the boy is in his arms, he's quiet. Barton gives an impressed look, before looking to me "Well, we have to go. Good luck."

Once he's gone, I look to Loki "And you're good with children?" he gives a small smile, before sitting down with the boy "Seriously, how did you calm him?"

"Thor's children made good practice." he smirks, before picking up the pacifier and giving it to the baby "It's okay darling, you can go to sleep."

"Wait..." I frown, before asking "Thor has kids?" he nods and I ask "How many kids does he have?"

"Four." Loki states, causing my eyes to bulge "The oldest is fourteen. Thor was seventeen. I was thirteen."

"You're joking." I insist, sitting down. He shakes his head and I frown "I never would have guessed."

As the other two kids run around in circles, I give Loki a pleading look and he whispers "Channel 157."

As soon as I change the channel, the two kids stick to the couch like magnets. Loki smirks at me, before standing up with the baby and walking down the hall to put the baby in a crib.

When Loki returns, he has a baby monitor attached to his belt. As he sits, he wraps an arm around me and whispers "I don't know about you, but, I'm guessing these kids are hungry. I'm going to make W-A-F-F-L-E-S."

"Why'd you spell it out?" I ask.

"Hey kids, do you want waffles?" Loki asks and the kids turn and start asking questions. He kisses my forehead and whispers "That's why."

~

As we sit down for breakfast, I notice something "You drink your coffee straight?" I ask Loki.

He takes a drink "Indeed." he smirks, before continuing "In case you were wondering, I can't stand pancakes, but I love waffles, and I put..." he sinks his knife into the butter to slab it onto his waffle "Two tablespoons of butter on my waffles."

"Any other fun facts I should know about you?" I ask and he rolls his eyes "Come on, seriously!"

"Fine, I like my oranges quartered. I run for an hour, every morning. From five-thirty to six-thirty." he thinks for a second "I love children. I love the cold. And I am prown to outbursts when I'm uncomfortable."

I nod at that, before smiling "I'll set the coffee maker to make a fresh pot at six." he scoffs as his phone buzzes.

When he checks it, he stands "If you will excuse me for a moment." he walks out of the room and I'm left with the kids.

Five minutes later, he isn't back, so I go to find him. He leans over on the sink, getting a drink. When he stands up, his eyes lock on me. Then I notice the medicine bottles on the counter. When I look back at him, I ask "Are you sick or something?"

He sighs and puts them away "No, I'm fine." he states, but I walk towards him and wrap my arms around his waist.

We stand there for a long time, before he opens the cabinet to hand me the pills. I sigh "Heavy-duty antidepressants."

"I was fourteen, when I first tried to end it." he states and I tighten my grip arouse him "I was in boarding school, and I was completely alone..." he takes the pill bottle back "And, after awhile, I just didn't want to be alone. Bad company was company."

"How many times?" I whisper.

He scoffs and reaches down to grip my hand. He places it to his lips "I've lost track." he whispers, before explaining "The last time was last year."

"Do you have anything here?" I ask and he gives me a knowing look "Hand it over." he releases my my hand and opens the medicine cabinet to grab his little black bag. When he closes the cabinet, I see he looks reclusive.

Hesitantly, he hands over the bag and steps away from me. When I open the bag, I find it's his clippers, along with a straight blade, a medical bottle which razor blades, a stainless steel razor, and a bottle of sleeping pills.

I hear a mechanical snap and jingling. When I turn back, I find Loki places a revolver on his side table. He tosses the bullets in his hand, before pocketing them.

"Six bullets. One gun." he states, before clearing his throat and walking out of the room.