Chapter 9

His fingers grip the sheets as he searches for anything to satisfy himself. If I was in bed, I'd assist him, only I'm in the lab.

As I get back to work on the code of another personal robotic assistant, my attention drifts away from the screen.

It's not until there's a knock on the lab door, that I notice Loki isn't in bed. When he opens the door, I sigh "I couldn't sleep."

"Why is that?" he asks, stepping forward to sit next to me "What has you out of bed this night?"

"I just couldn't sleep." I state as I take his hand "But I know that you could." I smirk, before pointing to monitor.

"Oh God." Loki blushes, before biting his lip "How bad was it?"

"You dry humped the bed and were moaning my name." I state and he hides his face in my shoulder "It was cute."

"Sure it was." he grovels, before straightening up "So attractive when a man dry humps a mattress."

"You can dry hump something else if you'd like." I smirk and he glares at me "Just a suggestion."

"You're not getting anything, until tonight." he declares and I frown "Play your cards right and I might let you take me home."

~

At noon, Loki receives a phone call from Odin and puts it on speaker "I wasn't aware there was a meeting scheduled today?"

"That's because I scheduled it privately." Odin states in a demeaning voice "You are free next Wednesday, correct?"

After checking his planner, he nods to himself, before speaking to Odin "I have nothing next Wednesday."

"Great, I'll text you the address, but mark down a photoshoot for next Wednesday from nine A.M. to 4 P.M."

Loki gives a bewildered look, before asking "A photoshoot?" He gives me a look and I shrug at him.

"That is correct." Odin states and Loki waits for an explanation, only he doesn't receive one from Odin.

After an awkward moment with absolutely no sound, Loki finally asks "What's the photoshoot for?"

"To mark you as a bachelor." Odin states, before explaining "There's also an interview, but I'd like grandchildren out of you."

Loki looks to me, before sighing "That's going to be a problem..." he states, putting his pencil down and holds his head in his hand.

"What's the problem?"

Loki narrow his gaze at the phone, before declaring "In case you haven't noticed, I'm about fifty shades of rainbow away from having a baby."

As I roll my eyes, Odin sighs "Yeah, I've noticed, but can't you just lock it up for a night, or something?"

I have to cover my mouth to prevent making a sound as Loki sighs "That's not really how that works." he takes my hand "Besides, I'm in a relationship."

"Oh." Odin says, before clearing his throat "Well, who is it?"

"None of your business, that's who!" Loki scoffs, before clarifying "Last time I told you who I was dating, you paid them off."

"Fine, but you still have to do the photoshoot." Odin declares and Loki sighs "If I call them back, they're going to be furious!"

"Fine." Loki sighs, before penciling it in for next Wednesday "Listen, I'm going to have to take Stark. My car is in the shop and there's no way that he'll let me drive his." he looks my way and winks.

"Do as you must." Odin insists "Just be there." then he hangs up.

"I get to watch you pose?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Yes, it's quite glamorous, until you take into the account that you're not supposed to eat the day of, and before, the shoot." he states, leaning back in his chair.

"Then what do you do with the hunger?" I ask, leaning forward in mine "Anything you need, I'll get it for you."

"Well, the day before, you drink water. Day of, you drink no water, and smoke." he shrugs, before sighing "I've done this a few times... one of which, I wore nothing but a pair of boxers."

I raise an eyebrow to him and he smirks, licking his lips "How did you have to pose?" I ask.

He chuckles "You'll just have to look it up in your lab." he smirks, before leaning closer "Just like you do with the footage from that night in the pool." My lips part a little, before he nods "Yeah, I know about that."

He returns a his work, which he currently divides the finances and starts filing his taxes. When I stand, he gives me a kiss.

~

In the lab, I return to my coding, before curiosity gets the better of me, and I turn to my computer.

After I type "Loki Odinson boxers" into the search engine, a glorious photo of him pops up.

He's pretty twenty, and his short hair is soaking wet, along with the rest of him. He leans back in a chair, his face emotionless. His hand rakes through his hair and the light hits him just right.

The next photo is even better. He stands, staring into the camera with a look of lust. He pulls the edge of the boxers down, just a little, as water trips from his jaw.

"Fun fact, that wasn't water." Loki states, stepping into the lab "Water won't read that well on camera. It's lube."

"So they covered you in lube?" I ask and he smirks "What, did they have a pool of it, or something?"

"No, this guy's job was to cover me in lube." he nods, before sighing "Also, I have to wax... everything."