Chapter 13

It's been a year. Loki hasn't spoke to his brother, or been in any news. I still have hopes that I'll see him again.

Thor walks into my house with a magazine in his hand "I finally found him!" He slaps the newspaper down in front of me "He's in New York!"

As I snatch at the magazine, I find a photo of Loki in a bathtub. His hair is down to his chin, it's brown. He has a full beard. He wears brown boots, underwear, a white shirt, and sunglasses. He has a wide smile on his face, as if he was laughing. The title overhead is "GETTING MYSELF BETTER! pg. 4"

Page four has a photo of him in glasses and a peach suit. Next to the photo reads:

"Loki Odinson: philanthropist, bachelor, bipolar. Odinson stepped forward to announce to the world that he is bipolar, and he's going to get help for his condition. By the time this article is to be published, Odinson will have enter an institution in upstate New York."

I look up to Thor and he nods, before I continue reading.

"'I've spent years with this disorder, and I just want to feel like a normal person.' Odinson said 'It's ruined my social life, my family, and my relationships. It drained all life out of me, and I think it's about time I take a piece back.'"

"Odinson was very excited to get help. After fourteen years, you could see why. All in all, we at NYCeleb, wish him a quick recovery."

As I place the magazine down, I clear my throat "Well, umm, Stark Tower is up and running. I might head over there, get in touch with his doctor."

"You can't talk to his doctor, but I can." Thor states, picking up the magazine "And I'm the only one who can visit him."

~

A month has passed. Thor spends three days in the tower, a week. He only got to visit Loki once, yesterday.

Thor stomps into the living room and I frown "I thought you were going to visit your brother." I state.

"Loki is refusing to see me!" Thor hisses and I raise an eyebrow to him "I drive an hour there and he can't see me?"

"Then there's not point of you staying here, is there?" I ask and his face goes aggravated "Go back home. Be with your kids."

"No." he frowns and I give an odd look "Ever since he first tried to kill himself, we told each other that we would always protect each other."

"But he refuses to see you." I remind and he grovels "Seriously, go home, hold your wife, make another baby that I won't remember the name of."

"We already have four. I don't need a fifth." he states and I smile weakly at him "We never celebrate Valentines Day, anyway. She doesn't like it."

"Please, women only say that shit so you can surprise them." I remark, pouring myself a drink "Then they ice you out if you don't. With men, it's completely different." I cringe at the memories, before explaining "Give each other a box of chocolates, then end up a naked mess in the bathtub."

Thor groans, before hissing "I don't need to know about my brother's sex life!" as he flops down on the couch.

"Nah, that wasn't your brother." He nods and I continue "The naked mess happened after that."

As he whines, I continue "Just go get her some roses, a box of chocolates, a diamond necklace, and maybe a stuffed animal." I shrug, before downing my drink "Definately get her some bath bombs. That leads to tender bathtub sex at two o'clock in the morning."

He shrugs, before clearing his throat "What are your plans for Valentines Day?" I swirl the bottle in my hand and he sighs "Well, I'm going to get some coconut dark chocolates for Loki. They're his favorite."

"Yeah, I know." I sigh, leaning against the bar "We split a box of coconut and nougat chocolates last year. If you can find them, he really likes dark chocolate dipped madelines."

"Thank you." he smiles, before clearing his throat "I'm going to head out tonight. I'll be back soon."

~

"Stark?" Thor calls as he walks into the living room "Where are you?" when I pull myself up on the couch, I find he holds a box of chocolates.

"Let me guess, he didn't take the chocolates?" Thor sits them next to me, and I find they're white.

"No, I ran into him." Thor nods, sitting next to me "He knew that you told me about the madelines."

I raise my eyebrow to him and he explains "I never would have guessed white chocolate with blueberry filling."

When I lift the boxes, a small smile creeps across my face and I close my eyes, running my fingers around the edges. My fingers run over a piece of paper and my eyes sling open as I gasp. The note reads:

"The amount of milk in coffee, as apposed to tea. The sugar in coffee, compared to tea. The number of biscuits to be had at tea-time. The cuts of an orange. The time coffee is made. The meat in an omelet. The butter on waffles and pancakes."

"What does it mean?" Thor asks as I reread it. He glares in confusion, before asking "Seriously, I don't understand."

"I don't either." I frown, before placing it down and looking to Thor "What was he like? Does he seem better?"

"He seemed, different." Thor shrugs, before explaining "The doctors said that they're screwing with his meds. Honestly, he might have been trying to say something, but the drugs don't make it have any sense."

"Then why would he tell you I like these chocolates?" I ask and he shrugs "What if the drugs that he's on, are the ones that push his disorder into remission?"

"Honestly?" Thor asks and I look to him "From what the doctors told me, he's been mixing drugs for the past year. His mind might be too far gone to come back..." he shakes his head with a look of loss "He might be in that institution for the rest of his life..."

He gives a weak goodbye, before leaving me alone. Before I know it, I press the chocolates and sob out in agony.