Chapter 2

The next morning, as I eat breakfast, there's a knock on my front door. When I open it, I find Loki. Behind him is a car full of stuff "Have you found an apartment?"

"No... I'm just going to get a hotel room." he states, before explaining "This assignment should only take about a month."

I frown "Just stay here." He gives a look of confusion and I explain "You might have to put up with a few of my friends, but it doesn't make sense for you to drive thirty minutes to and from work."

"Umm... okay." he sighs, before stepping in and frowning "I'm sorry about the other night... I just..."

"You wanted to get away from the name?" I ask and he nods "I get it. If my photo wasn't scattered across magazines, I'd do the same."

His phone rings and he sighs "Do you mind if I take this?" I shrug, before closing the door and walking back into the kitchen.

"What's wrong?" he asks the person on the other end "No, nothing has to be wrong." he looks me way, before turning his back and whispering "Yeah, seven?" he sighs "It's nothing... I'm just not alone." he spares another look back, before whispering "I love you, too."

He hangs up, before sliding his phone into his pocket and turning around "Who was that?" I ask, looking for conversation.

"My boyfriend..." he states, clearing his throat "We have an open relationship..." he states and I nod.

As I return to making breakfast, I ask "Would you like some breakfast? I make a killer omelet!"

"I... already ate." he states.

"What did you eat?" I ask.

"A banana..." he replies.

"That's not a breakfast." I insist, before cracking a few more eggs "What do you want in your omelet? Bacon? Ham? Mushrooms? Spinach?"

"I don't eat meat..." he says with a sideways smile "I haven't eaten meat since I was twelve... fifteen years ago..."

"Noted." I reply, before clearing my throat "So, you're twenty-seven." he nods as I pull out a new pan "You're young."

"You're thirty-two." he reminds, before clearing his throat "Surprise me, with the toppings. May I use the restroom?"

"Of course." I smile and he disappears. As he's in the restroom, his phone rings. With I answer it, I ask "Hello?"

"Are you the cuck who screwed my boy last night?" a deep says on the other end of the phone.

"I slept with him... but I wasn't in him." I declare and the phone call ends.

As Loki walks back in, I clear my throat and he sighs "Thanks..." we don't say another word, until I hand him his plate.

"Do you want fruit, or yogurt, or something?" I ask and he shrugs. By the time we sit down, he has a cup of strawberries, a yogurt, a juice, and two slices toast.

"Do you eat like this every morning?" he asks and I nod "Well, I suppose that kind of makes sense..."

I frown at that, before clearing my throat "So... you have a boyfriend?" he nods, looking down at his food "Are you the bottom in that relationship?"

"He's really... dominant, and he needs to be in control..." he clears his throat, before "Even when I'm with someone else, he wants me to be the bottom."

"Why?" I ask and he spares a look up to me.

"For Thanos, it's a game." Loki sighs, before picking up his fork and knife "He wants to know that I've slept with someone else, so he can gloat about it while we're together..."

"Well, do you like it?" I ask and he shrugs "Seriously, do you like when he treats you like a slut?"

"Not particularly..." he states, before sighing "I just... we've been together for seven years. And I like to top, but he wants me to be used..." he clears his throat "I'm sorry, I'm oversharing."

"Please, I've seen you naked." I remind, before asking "Was that a trapstamp I saw last night, or...?"

"No, that's a freckle." Loki scoffs, before declaring "You scratched my back, by the way! It looks like I was mauled by a wild animal!"

With a smirk, I start eating, and so does he, until he asks "So... which friends will I bump into?"

"Bruce Banner works in the lab, and he lives here. Natasha Rominoff comes here to see Bruce. Clint Barton comes here for baby sitting, because his wife died last year. And Steve Rogers comes here, because I'm teaching him how to use a computer." I state and he nods "Will Thor be coming by at all?"

"I... don't know." he states, before explaining "Thor and I aren't on the best of terms." I give a curious look and he continues "I found out I'm adopted, and I exploded at Odin. Thor got caught in the crossfire."

"What did you do?" I ask, and he sighs "It can't be that bad."

"Frigga told me on her death bed..." he leads off, before clearing his throat "I kicked Thor in the dick."

"Cheap shot." I smirk and he shrugs, before continuing with his food. What gets to me, is when he drinks a bit of juice and a drop slides down his chin.

After we're done with breakfast, I sigh "How about we move you into a room?"

~

As we unpack his things, I find a few things that I find odd. For starters, a he has five turtle necks.

"Who needs five turtle necks?" I ask and he shrugs, before taking them to fold "Seriously, who wears turtle necks?"

"I do." he responds. Before I pull out a black bag. He snatches it out of my hands, before stuffing it in a nightstand "My clippers."

"Why do you need clippers, you don't have a bear-" I cut myself off, before explaining to myself "They're not for a beard."

"For your information, I pamper myself." he states, before motioning down "I just like a fresh, trimmed, grassland."

I scoff, before pulling out a waxing set "You wax, too?"

"I don't like my chest hair." he states, before taking the set and putting it in his on-sweet bathroom.

"What's this?" I ask, holding up a plush bag. He practically screams while pulling it out of my hands "Gross."

"Listen, I'm going to head out at like six, so I can meet up with Thanos..." he states, before asking "Is that okay?"

I nod "Yeah."