Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Shhh! Be quiet. She's waking up!" I hear a voice whisper.

I open my eyes and see Alex and the twins standing around me. I must've fallen asleep while watching the movie since I'm on the living room couch.

I sit up and look around, the credits are rolling on the movie so I know I haven't been asleep for more than an hour. "What time is it?" I ask and Michelle starts laughing.

Either I have an unknown sense of humor or something's up.

I give her a questioning look and Mason slaps her arm, causing her to immediately quit.

"It's seven thirty." Alex replies and the twins laugh again.

I toss the blanket to the other side of the couch and stand up, "You guys are weird." 

I go into the kitchen and decide to make a sandwich since I was never able to eat earlier due to the sexual tension exchanged.

Grabbing the ham out of the refrigerator, I turn around and see Mason behind me, "Hey buddy. I'm about to make a sandwich, want one?" 

Mason giggles and puts his little hand to his mouth to quieten himself, "No thanks."

I don't know why they all continously laugh at everything I do but I'm going to figure it out. After I eat of course because food always comes first.

Alex and Michelle walk in a few moments later and I turn around to grab my sandwich and head to the table with it. I take a bite and they all begin laughing so I turn around, ready to bombard them with questions on what's so hilarious, but Alexs phone is in the air taking my picture as soon as my face is facing him.

I open my mouth to speak, "Seriously? No flash photography while I'm eating." Putting my sandwich down, I see red lipstick on the bread. I reach up and touch my lips and when I bring my hand back, my fingers are covered in lipstick. 

Alex and the twins begin laughing and I run to the window so I can see my reflection. I have purple eyeshadow and blue eyeliner surrounding my eyes. I'm wearing way too much blush on my entire face, they even applied some to my forehead and to top it all off, I have dark red lipstick covering my lips.

"A point definitely goes to Alex for this one!" Michelle laughs, referring to mine and Alex's prank war.

"Yeah, Mason wanted to put lipstick on the tip of your nose to make you rudolph but we decided you'd be able to see it, so we decided on purple eyeshadow instead." Alex laughs and walks over to hand me a rag for my face.

I get the rag wet with warm water and begin to scrub my face, "You know, it was a cruel move to do this to me." 

Alex chuckles, "Yeah well, I guess I don't really care about the damage it made to your face, I got a really good picture of you covered in makeup with bread hanging out of your mouth."

I snatch the phone out of his hand and go to the picture. 

He was right, I look awful. I'm turned around with a confused expression and wide eyes. Bread is practically hanging from my enormous amount of lipstick and I have strands of hair stuck to my mascara, I wonder how I didn't notice that before but I push that thought aside and go to click the delete button.

Before I can get any further than moving my finger, the phone is snatched out of my hand. "Alex give it back." I whine and he shakes his head.

"Fine, be that way but just remember, I still have two more days to prank you back. I suggest wearing a helmet at all times and doing everything with caution from this day forward." I give him a fake evil smile and go to hug the twins goodnight before going upstairs to my room.

I decide to get ready for bed while I think of what to do for my prank. Thinking of pranks has always been easy for me, on April fools everyone in the house would watch their back because I would always get everyone at least one time.

I throw on my pajamas and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

When I'm about to wash my face I have an idea on how to prank Alex. I smile to myself and run downstairs to grab the red food dye. 

After a few minutes I'm finished setting up the prank and it's ready for Alex. 

I wash my face and go to check on the twins, they're both laying in their beds sleeping with a stuffed animal and I can't help but smile at the sight of them like this, so vulnerable and innocent. 

I shut their door and go back to my room before grabbing my teddy bear and falling asleep.

-.-.-.-.

The next morning I wake up to the sound of Alex screaming, "Audrey!"

I smile to myself, knowing the reaaon behind his yelling, and roll out of bed.  I make my way towards the upset Alex and look into the bathroom,  he's standing there brushing his teeth, only now his teeth are red.

I burst into a laughing fit and he furrows his eyebrows, "Not funny."

Michelle comes up rubbing her tired eyes but is soon wide awake and laughing when she see's a distraught red toothed Alex.

"I'd have to say otherwise." I reply through laughter. "There's something different about you, did you do something with your hair?" I ask while he rinses his toothbrush, getting all the excess dye out.

"You should've had these teeth last night, at least it would've matched your face." He jokes and Mason starts laughing. I didn't even know he walked up, I guess I was too busy laughing at Alexs current appearance.

"Ouch." I reply and laugh again before turning to face the twins, "Go get ready, school starts in an hour and we still need to eat breakfast."  They nod and hurry to their room to pick out their clothes.

This house is big enough that they didn't have to share a room but they begged grandma and grandpa to let them. 

They just take turns standing outside the door while the other gets dressed, they found a way to make it work so grandma and grandpa allow them to stay together.

I go into my room and throw on a red blouse with black jeans and a pair of boots. I simply brush my hair and decide that'll have to work because my mood is too good to be ruined with makeup, plus after last nights prank, I'm scarred to ever wear makeup again.

Making my way down the stairs, Alex runs by and slaps the back of my head but before I can even acknowledge the fact he's around me, he's at the bottom of the stairs. 

Ugh. Little brothers.

"We don't know how to cook much but we made toast!" The twins say once I turn the corner and enter the kitchen. 

Mason has honey all over his shirt, I point to it and give him a questioning look. Michelle answers for her brother by saying, "Lets just say he isn't the best chef."

I smile and grab my peanut butter and honey toast, taking a big bite so the twins can see i emjoy it. Their little faces brighten up as I thank them for breakfast.

The twins gather around me and Alex goes to wake up grandma so she can take them to school. I tell Mason to go upstairs and change his shirt before I tell them all goodbye and walk out the door.

A/N : Thanks so much for reading! If you enjoyed please vote!