Chapter 24

Chapter 24

I wake up the next morning and check my phone, not seeing any new messages. I guess nobody replied back to Aidens 'haha' and decided to go to sleep instead. 

Getting out of bed to go downstairs and eat breakfast, my phone dings. I grab it and see it's a text from Aiden, it reads:

You're going with James and I to a wedding at three o' clock

I scoff and quickly type a reply,

I am? What if I have plans already

He answers back almost instantly,

Well do you?

I sigh, knowing I don't have plans and that he just won.

No

Cool. I'll pick you up at two thirty

I read the message and toss my phone on my bed.

I'm going to a wedding? What if I don't want to go? Why does he want me to go with him? I don't even know the people getting married!  What will I even wear?

My outfit! I need fancy clothes.

An idea pops into my head. I need fashion advice and there's nobody better than my best friend.

I shoot Emery a message and tell her to come over asap. Within seconds she replies saying she's on her way. 

Smiling at my super reliable best friend, I go downstairs to grab a banana for breakfast.

Alex is eating a bowl of cereal and the twins are in the living room playing with dolls.

My grandma comes in and goes to the refrigerator, "Audrey, can you help me clean out the sunroom later? It's just a few boxes I want to go through."

I shake my head, "I'm sorry grandma. I'm going to a wedding at three." I tell her and take a bite of my banana.

She turns around with the bowl of leftover macaroni and cheese, "Who's getting married?"

I shrug, "No idea."

She just nods with an amused look, "Oh. Well have fun." 

She puts the bowl of macaroni in the microwave, "Are you doing anything today?" She turns to face Alex and he shakes his head, putting a spoonful of froot loops into his mouth.

"Great! Then you can help me." She says with a smile and he nods, "Okay."

She takes the bowl and goes to watch the twins play while she eats. I throw my banana peel in the garbage can and smile, "What kind of key opens a banana?" 

I turn around to look at Alex and he's shaking his head because he knows it's another one of my terrible but hilarious jokes I read on pintrest, "I don't know."

I grin really big before answering, "Monkey." 

He starts laughing and shakes his head, "Your jokes are so bad."

"I know." I laugh and run upstairs. 

Searching through my closet to find something, I realize I literally have nothing to wear. 

Suddenly, the doorbell rings and I jump up and run downstairs knowing it's Emery here to save me from going to a wedding in blue jeans and converse.

"Thank goodness you're here." I say when I open the door and see my gorgeous best friend standing there.

"You called. I'm assuming it has something to do with the wedding?" She grins and steps inside.