Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Wearing Aidens jacket around school feels a little strange but for some obscure reason I like it. It smells like him and is big enough to snuggle inside while I sit at my desk, it's just comforting, reassurance that everything is going to be okay.

I get mean looks from girls while I wear it but that doesn't bother me. It's not like Aiden and I are together he's just simply helping a friend out so all the other girls are getting jealous for no reason. 

I'm in my last class of the day right now, and I'm just counting down the minutes before I can leave this poor excuse for a school and go home.

Emery rode to school with Molly this morning but Molly has to go pick up her little brother from baseball practice after school so Emery will be coming home with me today, which I'm super excited for because honestly who wouldn't be.

The clock says 2:42 and I can't wait for the announcements in three minutes to release me.

2:43

2:44

Come on...

2:45

Just on schedule the bell rings and the announcements come on. I smile and pack up my stuff, grabbing my backpack I walk out the door and head over to my locker where I'm supposed to meet Emery.

"Hey, how'd you do on your math test?" Emery asks me as soon as I walk up. She's known about this test for about three days after I called her one night stressing out over it. 

"Great!" I say with a huge grin and open my locker.

"Really? Aiden has helped that much?" 

I shut my locker and pick up my bag, "Yea I mean he's honestly a really good tutor. I owe my grade all to him."

She starts walking and I follow beside her, "So there really was some studying going on?" She asks with a joking smile.

I roll my eyes at her false accusations, "Nothing more." I laugh.

We get to my car and I throw my stuff in the back and pull out of the parking lot. I see James walking to his car so I honk and he jumps and drops his keys, turning around to see its just us, he shoots me the bird. Emery and I just laugh and drive out of the parking lot.

We get to my house and go upstairs to my room to work on chemistry homework before people start getting here. I don't think I ever really assigned a time to show up so everyone will probably get here at a different time but I don't care.

Emery stares at her paper and then just starts chuckling to herself, "She thinks we can do this."

I start laughing to but eventually end up googling the worksheet. The great thing about Mrs. Jones is that she doesn't care enough about her job to make her own worksheets and tests so as long as you have internet access you're going to pass her class.

"Hey sweetie," My grandma knocks on my already opened door before walking in, "Your grandpa and I are gonna go play Bingo with the Daniels' so your in charge of the twins for a few hours."

"Okay thats fine but don't forget I'm having a few friends spend the night tonight but the twins can just hang out with us or watch a movie or something it doesn't matter."

"Oh yea I forgot about your little sleepover!" She smiles really big, "Or is sleepover not cool anymore? Should I call it 'hang out when you sleep'?" Now some people may think my grandma is doing this to be funny but she isn't. She really just doesn't want to embarrass me in front of Emery.