Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I walk up the front steps and open the front door, shutting it behind me and putting my coat on the hook, I hear Michelle and Mason arguing over the TV remote. I roll my eyes and run upstairs to my room.

They are six years old and are adorable, but at times are to much to handle.

Throwing my school stuff on my bed I hear a knock on my door, a few seconds pass before it opens, not even waiting for my approval. They probably got tired of waiting but to be honest I wasn't planning on answering at all.

"Are you decent?" I hear as Alex sticks his head through my door with his hand over his eyes.

"Yeah, bud. I'm fully clothed."

Alex and I have always been really close. Most siblings argue and fight but the two of us are best friends. I tell Alex basically everything and vice versa. Even though he is my annoying fourteen year old brother, he's also one of my best friends and I'm thankful for that.

He walks into my room and flops on my bed, laying on his back.

"If you keep throwing yourself on my bed you're going to ruin my springs." I tell him then throw a shoe at his face.

"Ow!" He says rubbing his nose while I chuckle. "If you keep throwing stuff at me, I'm going to go tell grandpa about all the times you snuck out." He sticks out his tounge and I turn around, facing my closet.

I know Alex would never snitch on me. I don't do anything bad when I sneak out, I just walk around to get my mind off of things. 

There is a tree house in the woods not far from our house that my parents and I built when I was six years old. I used to would go there every night after our parents died and just think about stuff and cry.

Alex knows where I was going, he also knew how much it hurt to be in the place that my parents and I built together, even though it hurts to go there I still do because I feel a special connection with them when I just lie in my treehouse and look up at the stars, picturing their smiling faces with ever star that shines brighter than the rest. 

"Liar." I pull out a pink t-shirt and throw it on my dresser for bed later, then flop down next to Alex.

"Oh no! Did you just flop on your bed? But Audrey what about the springs!?" Alex mocks with a fake scared expression.

I look over at him and roll my eyes, "Monsters live under beds so if I let my feet get to close to the bottom they will pull me under and do whatever it is monsters do with prisoners. I like to play it safe and leap from across the room so they never even stand a chance."

He looks back at me and starts laughing, "You are a child. I used to believe in monsters, then I turned eight."

I throw a pillow at him and stand up. As I walk to the door I have an idea on how to get Alex back.

I run down the stairs and head to the refrigerator.

As I pass the island I hear a voice ask, "What are you doing?" without looking up I know the voice is Mason.

I grab the cupcakes out of the drawer and shut the door, "Pranking Alex. Want to help?" He nods his head quickly and I call in Michelle so she can help also.

I start scraping off the icing on all the cupcakes and put it into a bowl. Michelle gets out the yellow dye and Mason grabs a spoon.

The twins are so quick to help and betray Alex with our prank war its almost funny. Two weeks ago Alex put itching powder in my sock drawer and laughed while I scratched my feet for two days thinking I got poison ivy. He eventually told me but I just had to get revenge. Thus, the prank war began.