Chapter 11

Ayat pov

I was tired. Tired of doing the household chores. It was evening but I was still left with my chores. I have to prepare dinner as well and it was not helping me a bit that I was feeling weak, even though I had eaten my food during lunch time. It must be due to the fact that I had to clean whole mansion all by myself and I still haven't finished cleaning it yet.

" Haven't you completed your work yet?" Mahira's scornful voice echoed as soon as she entered the kitchen.

I gulped.

" Uh - umm I was just about to--" I stammered but she cut me off.

" Shut up bitch !!" She scowled at me as she moved her gaze all around the kitchen, which was still left to be fully clean.

" You are still not completed with your work. When are you going to start dinner?"

" I -I will just complete it. Give me an half an hour." I was really scared of this woman. So much, that it brought tears to my eyes with the fear engulfing my whole form like a fire of what would happen if she happens to complain about me to that monster of a husband.

No doubt I am a timid girl. Weak, coward and what not. But I have already faced a lot of hardships in my life that I couldn't help myself.

" Where are you lost whore !?" She snapped suddenly, making me flinched.

" Nothing." I breathed.

Her scowl never left her face for a second as she continued to scan me with a disgusted look. I know the reason of that disgust. My hair must be probably disheveled and my clothes are dirty too. I have to take a bath again. I sighed.

" I think this is enough for the day. You can start preparing dinner now." She smirked, probably founding it amusing about the state I was in.

With the sigh, I turned around to do my work I was ordered to.
_______________________

Rehman pov

" Where are the files?" I demanded sternly to one of my employee who was standing with his face lowered to the floor.

" I am asking you something, WHERE ARE MY FILES?" I yelled at him with the rage shooting in my veins.

" I am so-sorry sir, I for- forg--"
With the anger coursing in my whole body, I just took a pen stand and throwed it straight at the wall, just an inch away from his body, making him flinch at my outburst.

I stood up from my chair and slowly like a predator, walked to him. He was nervous, I could tell. His entire body was shivering with fear.

He knew I didn't buy his lie.

*slap*

A sound of my right palm connecting to his left cheek with a force resonated inside the room.

He staggered back as he shockingly looked at me with his fearful eyes, holding his cheek where I just slapped a moment ago.

He was shocked and probably more fearful of what would I do to him.

" I think I should appreciate the fact that inspite of you being in the wrong, you still have guts to lie to my face. Huh? Mr. Khan."

" S- Sir. Please sir, I- I am sorry sir. Ryan sir gave me more money and I was blinded by greed. I don't know what came onto me...."

" You have a wife and one beautiful child in your family. Right Mr. Shoaib Khan"

He instantly paled at my words, knowing well where is this conversation going to.