Chapter 8

Ayat Pov

" Argh" I groaned in pain when I felt sunrays falling over my face through the window, making me to woke up from my dreamless sleep.

I opened my eyes and found myself lying on the floor in my wedding dress with tears that were stained on my cheeks from all the crying previous night. I looked around the room as I realised I am all alone lying on the floor with no one to help me. I felt completely helpless and miserable.

My body shuddered as images of last night flashed in my mind, reminding me that now I am no more a single person. Instead I am now a married woman. I was married to the devil yesterday.

Tears pricked my eyes as I remembered the rules he shoved on me. The anger and the way he threatened me about the consequences was enough to raise goosebumps all over my body. I gathered some courage and sat up on the floor utilising all the energy from my aching body. I felt weaker and hungry too. I didn't eat from yesterday morning and no one even bothered to fed me. Tears flowed down my eyes remembering my husband's cruelty and my miserable life, for that I knows now no one would be able to take me away from the monster. I am completely trapped.

I looked around the room and found a clock hanging on the wall. My heart started pounding as I realised it was 8 a.m. He could be woke up anytime. Hell !! he might have woke before me. I remembered saying him to get him breakfast at 8:30a.m If I failed, I would be punished.

No no I dont want to get punished. He won't punish me, would he?

Tears streamed down my face as I stood up from the floor and ran towards the door. I turned the knob, only to find it unlocked. It means he didn't locked me yesterday night and might have now expect me to prepare him his breakfast.

Without wasting anymore time I quickly opened the door and walked outside. As I looked around the house, I could only come conclude that I am probably in some warehouse. It was not much big but it was not too small as well. I randomly walked around the house hoping to find kitchen so that I could prepare for him before he come down for breakfast. I don't want to be punished on my first day. I have to spend my whole life.

What !? Are you mad Ayat !! You are thinking of spending your whole life with the devil. You have to escape before he ruin you.!! Are you clear !!

My conscience scolded me as I realised what I was thinking. I am probably a fool. It is impossible for me to spend even a ten minutes in his presence, let alone a life.

I sighed and found myself walked into the kitchen only to get shocked.

" Ah beta!! You are awake." Khadija maa was standing by the counter as she looked up at me from the food whatever she was cooking. I don't know why but one thing was clear that I don't like her after what she did with me. Instead of helping me to escape she was lecturing me on how to make this marriage work and justifying his actions which really piled me up with anger yesterday night.

" Ayat !What's wrong? Where are you lost child? " She asked breaking my train of thoughts as I looked at her with my blank face. This woman don't deserve to know about my emotions. She don't deserve to know from what I am going through.

" Come beta! I just made aloo parathe for breakfast. I am sure you will like it." She said smiling at me.

" Where is he?" I asked in my timid voice as I don't want to anger her. I can't believe her and I don't want to get punished if she complained to the devil. That devil would probably have my head and I would be defenceless as always.

" Your husband Rehman has gone out early morning. He told me to prepare breakfast for you. Since I thought you were sleeping, it didn't feel nice to wake you up." She said softly.