Chapter 10

Ayat pov

It was a lovely morning when I woke up. I woke up early and prayed fajr namaz but again went to sleep. Last night went smooth thankfully. I hope I could change him. Rehman did not sleep in the same room in which I am, but I am still hoping that everything would be correct and there would be a happy future ahead of us. There is still this hope I carry for my husband.

knock knock....

I came out of my trance with a knock.

"What are you still doing in the bed?" A sharp voice of Mahira shocked me to no extent, making me jerked up in my bed suddenly with my senses alert.

" Uh -umm I -I just woke up." I stuttered though I know there is nothing to fear much. She is just a maid. Isn't it?

But why she was behaving with me so rudely?

" You BITCH .." She started, making my eyes widen at her tone and swear word.
'' What did you thought that you would take me away from Rehman? Huh? You shouldn't be fucking living in this house. But then again, what to expect from a leech like you." She made a disgusted face at me.

I was shocked.

What I even did with her? Why she was behaving like this?

" FOR GOD SAKE WOMAN !! JUST WAKE UP NOW OR SHOULD I PROVIDE YOU WITH AN INVITATION CARD !?" She shouted angrily at me.

I hurriedly stood up from the bed, feeling scared from this woman. She is just a maid. Right? Why she was doing this with me?

" You Imbecile woman, do you have hearing problem ? Huh?" She scanned me from top to toe with a disgusted face.

" COME ON YOU BITCH !! YOU HAVE TO PREPARE A BREAKFAST. OR SHOULD I CALL REHMAN SIR?" She threatened making me hurriedly moved towards the washroom.

" I -I will just get ready. Give me ten minutes please." Saying this I walked off into the bathroom to get ready as soon as possible.

__________________

As soon as I got ready I walked off into the kitchen hurriedly. I was a little bit afraid, praying in my heart that this day won't turn disastrous for me. My gaze met with Mahira sharp eyes.

" You are late bitch." She stated, looking at me up and down with a disgusted look and turned her head again towards the stove.

I was frozen at my place, not knowing what to do.

I didn't realised I was dazed off somewhere in my mind until her sharp voice again broke my trance.

" Rehman Sir won't appreciate you getting so late. He wants his breakfast sharp at 8:30 am."

I cut her off, asking hesitantly.

" Where - where is he?"

She turned around with a scowl as she glared at me.

" DON'T and I mean it DON'T ever cut me off. Don't forget, I am the OWNER of this house." She stated angrily," Tell you what ! Dare you defy me and I would make sure you landed up all bruised in your bed." She warned in her sharp tone of voice.

I gulped, feeling intimidated by this lady.

" Do you want me to complain about it to Rehman sir?" She again threatened, now smirking at me, knowing what could happen to me if she gets to complain anything about me to Rehman.

I jerked up, horror again engulfing me in its embrace as soon as her words sank in me.

" Please- please don't. I am sorry- sorry please.'' My voice must be sounded pathetic but I am not sure what would happen to me if Rehman gets to know any complain against me.