Friends with the Enemy

A/N Comment/Vote and most importantly, enjoy!

****

*Three Days Later*

Aiden hasn't talked to me since the night he lost control. 

Neither has Scarlett for that matter.

Tuck's keeping them from me because he knows that I know the truth.

 But if I want to protect them, maybe keeping my distance from them is the best thing. 

I ran at Declan, and jumped into the air so that I landed perfectly on top of him-with my legs straddled around his neck. I squeezed his air passage with my thighs. He grabbed my feet and flipped me over onto my back. I landed in the grass with a thud, but I didn't let the impact of my fall affect me. I got back up, and held out my arms at my sides. Declan threw a punch at me, I dodged it by twisting around to elbow him in the nose. This caught him off guard, and he stumbled backwards a few steps. To finish him off, I swooped my legs under his feet and he fell over. I wrapped my legs around him, pinning his arms underneath me. I grabbed the pocket knife out of my back pocket and held it above his heart. "You're dead." I teased, pretending to stab him. We broke into laughter as I rolled off of him and helped him to his feet. 

"I've got to admit, I'm impressed." He beamed at me, wiping off smudges of dirt on his skin. Whatever scratches Declan had gotten during our fight healed instantly, while mine still stung painfully. 

"I learned from the best." I shrugged, smiling up at him. He wrapped his arm around me, and we both walked towards Carter. He, like usual, had no expression on his face. His arms were crossed over his chest and he had yet to say a single word since our training session started. 

"How'd I do?" I asked, panting heavily.

"You're technique was sloppy." He criticized me, his voice dull. "If you hadn't gotten that lucky shot with the elbow Declan would have taken you down easily."

"But I did get that lucky shot." I pointed out. "Doesn't that count for something?"

"You can't rely on luck when you're fighting a werewolf." He said blandly. He grabbed the knife from my hands and held it up so that it shined in the moonlight. We could only train at night, since that was the only time Aiden was out of the house. Since Jackson no longer was assigned to protecting me, no one ever knew I was gone. So I asked Carter to train me. He was the only person who had been honest with me from the start, and I needed to work on my fighting skills if I was ever going to take down Tuck. Declan heard about it and offered to help, so the three of us have been doing this every night now, until eleven o'clock when Aiden comes home. At times, I sort of felt like I was betraying my brother. But I really had no other choice. 

**One Day Ago**

"Are you ever going to get the front door fixed?" I asked, running my fingers through my hair as I walked into the kitchen. The front door was just a piece of wood pathetically nailed to the doorway-ever since Aiden ripped out our last one no one has bothered to get a new one. My mouth parted open when I saw that I wasn't alone. "I didn't realize we were expecting company." My cheeks flamed red, and I pulled down my fluffy pajama shorts. Crossing my arms over my chest, I locked eyes with Jackson. For barely a second he glanced towards me, before turning his head away and back towards whatever they were working on. "What's that?" I asked, trying to get a look at the piece of paper they were all gawking at. Aiden was sitting at the head of the table, his head was down and he hadn't once looked up towards me since I walked in. 

"You should problably head upstairs." Tuck told me, it wasn't really a suggestion. I gritted my teeth together, trying to catch Jackson's gaze, but he was ignoring me.