Thump Thump

Enjoy this chapter! And don't forget to comment/vote!

To the side is a picture of Tamryn >>>>

****

"Are you sure...it isn't...too much?" I spun around in a circle as Scar gave me a good look over. Scar had spent the last two hours curling my hair and doing my makeup. She insisted that she'd help me get ready-and by that I mean she forcefully held me down with her claws until I cooperated. I've never been more dolled-up in my entire life. I could feel my insecurities creeping up on me. What was Jackson going to think? 

"You look beautiful!" She sighed happily, plopping down onto the edge of my bed. 

"I feel bad." I admitted. "You've spent this whole time getting me ready and you're still in your sweatpants." I laughed.

Scar waved it off like no big deal. "Please," She flipped her hair back dramatically. "stuff like this comes naturally to me. I'll only take a couple minutes." With that, she pulled on a pair of jean shorts and a white lace crop top-a new outfit she had to settle on after Amanda ruined the other one. A low whistle echoed throughout my bedroom as the door was slowly pushed open. Jackson leaned against the doorway. He was wearing a dark blue v-neck with a flannel button down shirt over it. His signature leather jacket was thrown over his shoulder. I felt my cheeks stain red. "You're here early." I observed. It was only 7:45. 

"Is that a problem?" He asked, walking into my room like he owned the place. 

"N-no" I stuttered. "not at all."

"What is he doing here already?" Scar scowled as she walked out of the bathroom. 

"It's nice to see you too, Scarlett." Jackson smiled at her. 

"I better start heading back, Tuck told me to come home an hour ago." Scar sighed, grabbing her makeup-kit and curling iron before scurrying downstairs-leaving me and Jackson alone.

"Let me guess," He sat down on my bed. "Scar did your makeup."

"Is it that obvious?" I laughed.

He shrugged. "You usually don't wear that much." 

"I didn't realize you were paying attention."

"There are a lot of things you don't realize about me." He replied smoothly. We fell into an awkward silence. "I wanted to talk to you about last night." He said out of nowhere. I took that as my cue, and sat down on my window seat. Jackson bit his lip, thinking about what to say. 

"You kissed me." I reminded him. "It's not that big of a deal." 

"I didn't want you getting the wrong idea." 

"The wrong idea?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Just because I kissed you, it doesn't mean that I actually like you." His words stung, more than I thought they would. 

"I never thought that it did." I told him, trying to cover up the hurt in my voice.

"I like Amanda." He said flatly, barely looking me in the eye. I curled my hands into fists, trying to control the coursing electricity pulsing through me. 

"That's great for you." I said cooly, but I could feel the water building up behind my eyes. "Shouldn't we start heading out?'

Jackson stood up before me, and outreached his hand to help me up. "You look great, by the way." He slid in a compliment to soothe the tension in the room. I ignored the gesture and lead the way downstairs. Aiden was waiting for us downstairs. Him and Jackson shook hands firmly.