Home Invasion

A/N Thanks so much for reading! Don't forget to comment/vote to let me know what you think!

To the side is a picture of Carter>>>

Enjoy!

*****

"Where are you going?" I asked Aiden, who swung his leather jacket over his shoulders and grabbed a beer from the fridge. I had a pen in my mouth and was staring at a blank page in my notebook as I tried to figure out how to sum up the Merchant of Venice in 300 words or less. Aiden tore the cap off the beer and spit it out onto the floor.

"Remember that raid two nights ago?" I nodded, propping my feet up onto the kitchen table. "The Caedis found out that we were the ones who trashed their grounds."

"Well, duh." I laughed. "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out."

"Tuck is really on edge about it." Aiden explained, grabbing the keys to his jeep off the kitchen counter. 

"What did they do to get back at you?" 

"No idea. Tuck just texted us to meet at The Hole." He kissed me lightly on the forehead before adding, "I'll be back late, so don't wait up for me." I waited until I heard him lock the front door to give up on my homework. Aiden thinks my school work is important but it's practically impossible for me to focus on anything these days. Ever since training with Aiden yesterday I been looking for new ways to challenge myself. With the entire pack focused on the Caedis, tonight was perfect. 

Lucidus don't just make electricity, we create light. 

I turned off all the lights in the house, making it as dark as possible. I plucked a pillow from the couch and sat on top of it in the middle of the hardware floor. The silence that filled the house was deafening. All I could hear was my quiet scattered breathing. I sat with my legs crossed over each other and pulled my hair into a pony tail so that it was out of my eyes. My silky shorts rubbed against my newly shaved legs and the sweatshirt I was wearing was starting to make me sweat. I tried to clear my mind, and only focus on my breathing. Thoughts of Jackson pried into my head, and the unread text messages from Declan seemed to be taunting me. I let that all fade away. With my palms facing the ceiling, I closed my eyes. I could feel the wires of electricity that lined the house calling out to me. My eyes were closed but I could see the outlines of the electrical outlets, glowing in the complete darkness waiting for me to tap into their power. My finger tips started to tingle. I could feel the light inside of me travel through my core and into my veins. The feeling was overwhelming, like a wave of water rushing over me. The power begged to be released. But I didn't want to just shoot it out, I wanted to harness it. My breathing was automatic now. I opened my eyes, expecting to be surronded by darkness. It was like I had been blind to the world before this moment. I could see the channels of electricity coursing through the ceiling-the kitchen appliances, and ever underneath the floorboards, like rolling water. A smile spread across my lips when I realized that the house wasn't empty after all. The tingling sensation on my fingertips was becoming unbearable. It demanded to be released. Instead of forcing it out like I usually did, I slowly let the light trickle through my fingers. The light formed around me like an orb. I sucked in a deep breath of air, admiring the tiny sparks that floated around me...and then I let it all go. The light spread throughout the house exploding like mini fireworks. For a moment I was laughing and smiling as light escaped through my palms and danced across the walls, and then that moment ended. 

The front door was knocked off its hinges. The door fell out of the frame and collapsed onto the floor. I rolled off the pillow I was perched on and crawled behind the couch. My cell phone was sitting on the kitchen table...ten feet away. I counted each of the steps that echoed against the floor. From what I gathered there were three others in my living room. I don't like those odds. All I knew was that I had to get to my phone. But that would give away my location, and that was the only advantage I currently had over them. They found us. The thought echoed in my mind. Aiden would come home to an empty house, or even worse Ethan would stay behind so that I could watch him tear his claws through my brother-and finish off our pack once and for all. One of them whistled as they walked into the house. The tune that were playing sounded like something out of a children's book, but in the middle of the night in a dark and empty house it felt more like a horror movie. "We know you're in here Tessa." I reconized that voice and it wasn't Ethans. I didn't know whether to sigh in relief or not. "Boo." The guy from the words, with the dark black hair and chin strap appeared in front of me. He grabbed me roughly by the arm, pulling me onto my feet. His glowing red eyes stared straight into mine. I screamed, but he covered his hand over his mouth. Two others from his pack were standing behind him and one of them was Declan.  I felt something break in my chest. "Let's not be stupid." Their leader told me, shoving me onto the couch. "We both know that no ones coming to your rescue anytime soon, so we might as well be civil." I placed my hands neatly in my lap as the three of them stood over me. They won't hurt me, they're just trying to send a message. I could feel Declan's gaze digging into me, but I refused to look him in the eye.