Don't Turn off the Lights

A/N Please don't forget to let me know what you think! Your opinions are very important to me!

Enjoy and comment/vote!

****

 Things can only stay perfect for so long, until something else comes around to ruin everything. I pulled my covers up to my chin, shivering slightly as a cool wind blew in from my window. Jackson was sleeping besides me, snoring loudly with his mouth wide open. I rolled onto my side, so that his breath could no longer blow onto my face. Goosebumps lined my arms as the wind brushed through my hair. 

Suddenly, I realized something.

I never left the window open.

I sprung forwards. Jackson woke up startled, his hair falling in front of his eyes. "What's wrong?" He asked groggily. Before I could say anything, another voice answered for me.

"It's been too long." This couldn't be real. I had to be dreaming. My heart pounded, drowning out everything around me. All I could hear was the thumping in my chest, as I focused my breathing trying to wake myself up from this nightmare. I was paralyzed with fear as Ethan stepped in front of my window, so that the moonlight could cascade down onto him. "I've been looking forward to this moment for awhile." He smirked, and waved his claws at me. "And who is this?" He chuckled, turning towards Jackson who was still half-asleep. My throat was dry, and my mouth refused to open. I couldn't speak, let alone breathe. 

"Listen, I don't know who the hell you are-" Jackson got up, and immediately was greeted with a blow to the head from my bedside table lamp. He toppled over onto the ground, unconcious. My toes curled and I could feel a scream rising in my throat. Aiden and the rest of my pack were just outside. All I had to do was open my mouth and...Ethan came up besides me and pressed his hand over my mouth.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He whispered into my ear. Once my eyes adjusted to the darkness I could see that it wasn't just anyone who had taken out Jackson. It was Tuck. His eyes were glowing a bright red, and he stood directly over Jackson with his claws protruding from his fingertips. "My new friend Tuck won't hesitate to kill your little boyfriend." Ethan threatened me. "So do us all a favor and keep that pretty little mouth of yours quiet." He chuckled into my ear, twirling a strand of my hair around his claw. I could feel tears building up behind my eyes, I blinked hard, hoping that I would wake up and find that none of this was real. "Lights out." He muttered and before I could do anything, everything went dark.

****

I woke to a pair of red eyes staring down at me. A blood curdling-scream echoed through my lips, as I started to realize what was happening and where I was. I was lying face-up on the cold dewy grass, feeling naked as ever in my fluffy pajama shorts and t-shirts as the wind blew through my touseled hair. I tilted my head to the side, my body stiff and cold and I saw Jackson besides me. His eyes were sealed shut and his lips were pale. My bottom lip trembled, and I tried to reach my hands out towards him only to find that my wrists had been sealed together. "Don't worry, he's not dead." Tuck assured me. "Yet." He finished, clicking his tounge to the roof of his mouth. I felt a surge of electricity build-up inside me, as my anger swelled. I forced it out of palms and towards Tuck. But instead the burst of light was redirected back at me. My body started to shake uncontrollably as the wave of electricity entered my body. I convlused violently, my head richoceting backwards onto the hard ground. My breathing was scattered and unsteady, I struggled to regain control of it. My fingers twitched, and my wrists seemed to be glued together. A trickle of blood dripped from my nose, my teeth chattered and I continued to twitch every couple of seconds.  

"You're problably wondering why your powers aren't working." Ethan's built figure came into my view. He started to pace back and forth besides me, as I continued to twitch. He bent down onto his knees so that he could look me in the eye and smiled. "I came up with this idea myself." He said proudly, gesturing to the metal wire wrapped tightly around my wrists. "I bet you have a lot of questions for me." He smirked, his eyes twinkling in the full moon overhead. The wire cut into my skin as I tried to break it off. I blinked again, hoping to wake up.  I refused to believe any of this was acually happening. I glanced over at Jackson, who still hadn't moved. He's dead. Oh god, this is all my fault. They're going to kill him. Oh, god. They're going to kill me. These thoughts kept intruding into my head. "You haven't changed a bit Tess." Ethan sighed, giving me a good look over. I rubbed my wrists together, prying at the metal around them. It scraped against my skin, cutting into me and drawing blood. "You've always been a sucker for a bad boy." He laughed, turning his head towards Jackson. "Perhaps, it's because he reminds you of me."