I'm No Princess And You're No Prince

A/N To the side is a picture of Amanda>>>

ENJOY :)

*****

Do you ever get that feeling that someone is watching you?

It's hard to really explain, but it's the sort of feeling that makes the hair on the back of your neck rise. Usually it's just paranoia, but there was not a single doubt in my mind that Declan was watching me.

In fact, he has basically been staring me down for the last half hour of class.

Jackson was snoring underneath his tinted aviators-why the teacher let him wear them during class I'll never know. He had taken the initiative to move into the desk besides mine. Declan sat a couple seats behind him. I noticed that today was the first time I had seen him without his headphones in during class. I shook my head and focused on the white board at the front of the room. Ignore him. I told myself.  He broke into your house! 

Well it wasn't the first time he'd done that....

I bet he took all the girls he met out to the lake. I should of asked Scar about it. But ever since I got back from the hospital two days ago she's been...distant. I hear her and Tuck fighting sometimes through his open window, I'm not really sure what it's about though. Then there's Jackson who's made it his personal mission in life to be my body guard. He follows to me every single class, drives me to and from school, and stays at the house until Aiden comes home. I haven't had a single second to myself since the attack. The electricity coursing inside me is begging to be released. And I'm not entirely sure how much longer I'll be able to hold it back. Amanda's been weirdly nice to me since the attack. We're not friends or anything, but she's stopped tormenting me. Scar's convinced that I'm still doing this whole "get in Jackson's pants" mission. She thinks that it's only a matter of time until Amanda returns back to her normal bitchy self. Aiden was right that things were going to start changing. I barely see him anymore. Sometimes when he comes home late at night I could hear him and Jackson talking quietly from downstairs. But besides for that, no one has bothered to tell me anything about the recent Caedis attacks. 

There have been three wolf attacks since the attack. Each of them have been on regular highschool students with no affiliation to either pack. That's what makes it so scary-we never know who's next. No one has been killed...yet. But each of the students have been seriously injured. We've tried to figure out a pattern. At first it seemed like they were targeting Freshman since the first two were fifteen. But the third attack was on a boy in my English class. Today his seat was empty, and I could see that it put everyone on edge. It's only a matter of time until they start targeting actual pack members. But until then, this is all just a game to Carter.

A rolled up wad of paper was thrown at my head. I watched it fall onto the floor and land besides my feet. I knew who it was from which is why I hesitated. I could still feel Declan's gaze digging into the back of my head. Leave it on the floor. I told myself. Don't give him the satisfaction. But with Jackson snoring loudly besides me I couldn't resist. I knelt down slowly and uncrumpled the piece of paper. In sloppy handwriting were the words, "You look beautiful today." I rolled my eyes, and crumpled it back up. I proceeded to rip out a piece of paper from my notebook and quickly wrote back, "Flattery will get you no where." I scrunched it into a ball and chucked it at Declan's head. I stifled a laugh when it hit him square in the nose. Jackson was snoring now. I can't believe the teacher has said anything, yet. Is everyone in this school afraid of him? I heard Declan chuckle under his breath as he read my note. Seconds later he tossed another piece of paper on my desk. I didn't bother to hesitate this time. I unrolled it carefully. "Does this mean your not ignoring me anymore?" A deformed smiley face was written underneath the words. I tapped my pen on the edge of my desk, thinking of a response. That's when Jackson snatched the piece of paper from my hands.