Chapter 13. Heiress

Karen woke up inside a room that looks like it belong to a hospital. Ingrid was sitting beside her. She was blankly looking at her. She ignored her and her sight wondered around the room. There was just another patient aside from her. A girl with black her that reaches her shoulder. She appears to be in the same age bracket her. She was sleeping soundly.

“That girl is Corazon. They call her Cora. She just moved here yesterday. But the moment she arrived here she just fell asleep. We can’t wake her up. She’s still alive thought god knows till when.” Ingrid checked her temperature by pressing her hands against Karen’s forehead.

“I think I’m okay now.” Karen harshly removed Ingrid’s hand. The latter didn’t show an emotion of being offended but that of a confuse child. Karen got up. She remembered how Ingrid made her body into a jelly-like state. It was horrifying feeling her body just so soft but numb. Her joints were miraculously healed. She went out of the door. Mercutio was there reading a magazine.

“Ms. Karen, I will escort you to the room assigned by the Senior. I already put your suitcase inside the room.” Karen noticed how robust Mercutio’s build compared to the more slender looking Fauxnel. Karen stared at him with killing intent but she did not say a word to her escort. Mercutio seem to read her mind as he just moved ahead to guide her. The mansion has so many rooms that she was already getting dizzy as they moved further. Then there was the spiral stairs. Then when they were already up Mercutio went left and opened the third door near the hallway. The room was very elegant. It was like a master’s bed room. Everything looks majestic. There was even a painting of what looks like a socialite 16 years old lady. Her bed’s handle were made of gold. The life size mirror is also made of gold. The vases were beautiful. Then she remembered the seed of their guava tree.

“Mercutio, you may leave me now. I would like to change.” Karen intentionally unbuttons in front of her escort so he can leave her alone. Mercutio finally reacted in a way she didn’t not expect. The lad covered his eyes and then quickly shuts the door. Karen buttoned up again and started to run over her things. When she found the bottle she quickly disposed the flowers inside the vase and placed the soil containing the guava seed. She was glad the room has a small bathroom. She took some water from it into the vase. She really needs someone to talk to. She needs Casper. She waited for it to magically grow. However after 10 minutes of staring at it nothing happened. Then she heard a knocking on her door. She quickly placed the vase to where she took it.

“Miss Karen, its dinner time. The masters want to see you.” It was Ingrid. Karen quickly change her clothes. She decided to settle on a plain tshirt and a short. She opened her door and went out with Ingrid. She was having a hard time remembering the place as it was immensely huge. The doors looked all the same. By the time they reached the dining hall the Senior was already there with his wife. It was a long table. The Senior sitting on the right edge of the table. Opposite to him is his wife. There was a chair in the middle. Karen speculated it was hers.

“You can sit now you know.” Said Roberta, her grandmother.

“Thank you.” Then Karen started to pray. As she was praying she heard the old couples chuckled. “Why? Isn’t it proper to pray before eating?” Karen exclaimed.

“Missy, I believe I have taught you already to pay respect to us. Besides your God or is it gods? Hahaha they won’t reach you here. Believe me.” Senior Alejandro grin as he started to eat his stake. Roberta continues to chuckle as she took a sip from her wine. Karen decided to keep mum. If she was to stay in this mansion she got to learn to hide her feelings from her evil grandparents. She ate her foods with hatred swelling up inside her.

“My dear, your fashion looks like rag.” Said Roberta. She makes a very thin curve on her lips as she eyed Karen’s clothes. “We need to go shopping tomorrow maybe?” Karen just rolled her eyes as tried to ignore her evil grandmother.