Chapter 5. "It" at School

Sunday passed by without any major problems for Karen. Her dad occasionally let out the same black liquid but can act pretty normal because of the anting-anting. Karen checks his conditions from time to time. Whenever she had the chance she would use her powers to heal her dad’s damaged organs. It’s all good except every time she checks them it is as if the organs were newly damaged again. Thea and Gibo went on with their travel to the province and asked her to take care of the things that they going to leave like their excuse letter and Gibo Figma package. It was weird not waiting for her friends to arrive at the school’s rusty old gate. Not that Karen hated it but even if it got painted at least once a year they can't hide the truth that it is a really old one. While she was walking up along the steep corridor two familiar voice approached her.

“Hello dearie. Long-time no see.” It was Anthony. Together with him is his friend Adelbert. The two are her classmate and are famous for having what they call “the feminine psyche.”

“Oh it’s you. We’ve been busy these past days so we haven’t spent much time with the Circle. Sorry.” Karen apologized. She noticed the hello kitty scarf wrapped around Anthony’s neck. On the other hand Adelbert wore his trade mark lady gaga studded shades and twisted “fork bracelet” which he always use for self-defence.

“Well what happened to your boyfriend? Inigo? That handsome man. If I were you I won’t let him get away.” Adelbert is what she will call “Echusera” or someone annoying.

“Oh he’s not my boyfriend. Really, he’s not.” Karen tried to brush-off the conversation but the two kept on bringing it up.

“Last Halloween Party the two of you were together right? Did something happened?” Anthony was determined to mine more information from her.

“I said he’s not my boyfriend and nothing happened. Nothing at all.” Even though Karen had been with them so many times in their “circle” of literary enthusiasts she still can’t managed to deal with the two whenever they try to get into her nerves.

“Hey faggots, what you are doing with Karen?” said the familiar voice. Karen turned to see Akemi Fujiwara.

“Sis! You don’t have to be rude with our classmates. Gomennasai!” Akemi’s twin Yumeko bowed a few times to apologize. It was quite interesting that the two came to her aid. She remembered that they were not close to her before. Maybe their adventure had brought her closer to the twins.

“Karen-san, here’s Gibo’s package.” Akemi handed over a small box.

“I’m miss him already! And his six pack abs.” Yumeko went daydreaming and her sister seem to do the same.

“Oh well Karen darling it’s almost time. Let’s get inside our room.” Adelbert tried to pull her.

“Wait! Wait I need to talk to the twins first!” Karen decided to walk together with the Fujiwaras.

“Hey. Can you ask your mother if she knows how to break a curse? My father is under a very strong one. Gibo said your mom might know some way on how to break it?”

“Oh Karen-san. We’re going to ask mom later and maybe she’ll agree to visit your dad later. I’ll text her during our break.” Yumeko replied cheerfully.

“Oh thank you very much!”

“But I’m warning you. Our mother is a very selfish woman.” Akemi’s response seem cold. As if she doubted her mother would help.

“Sis! You shouldn’t have said that!” Yumeko reacted quickly. The two then began having their argument which Karen had avoided. The classes went on as usual. Of course their classmates bombarded her with questions why Thea and Gibo were absent. Same with the teachers. During their math class they have to listen to Mrs. Villanueva’s long lecture about “Identities”. Sure enough a lot of them complained about the complex formulas. All except the boys who seem to have more grasp on the subject than the girls. It was a surprise that the twins were not having problems with the topic either.