Prologue

Not far from Cardona, in a neighbouring town hides an ancient cave. Carved within the walls of the cave are ancient writings called petroglyphs. An old man caresses these symbols. Suddenly they started to glow. The old man smiled as he touched the glowing carvings and his hands pass right through the walls. Soon his entire body entered the other side of the wall. There stood a simple hut. The man walked towards the door of the hut. It mainly made out of bamboo and the roof was made in Nipa. He wasn’t surprise to see two floating masks that seem to have bodies made of smokes.

“Dear Anitos, welcome to my humble home.” Said the old man.

“Lady Idyanale ascended already, she told us about your granddaughter. She could be the Hiraya.” Said the first mas that that has painted lips but close eyes.

“It is important for the Katalonans to find the Hiraya, the enemies are ready to take over this country.” Said the other mask, unlike the first one this one doesn’t have painted lips but is recognizable by it long pointed ears.

“Yes there is a possibility but that is not yet confirm. We must wait a little longer.” Replied the old man.

“Celso, you have lost your wife and your daughter doesn’t even know what she is. She has children now and it is only her daughter who can access the diwa. Non from the tribe bears a child capable of being the Hiraya. Unless the Hiraya was born in Mindanao, which is unlikely.” Said the first mask.

“Dear Anitos I am keeping an eye for my granddaughter however she seem to be practicing the arts from Visayas. The Hiraya is said to be the strongest of the Katalonans so I have been doubting her.”

“We understand Celso. We are here to warn you that death is hunting you. We don’t mean the natural death. They’re old reapers. The Four agents of darkness wants to eliminate you. They must have known about the Hiraya. Be careful.” The two masks said in unison.

“Thanks for your concern. I will be extra careful.  Besides I have a score to settle with those three.” Celso smiles as two shadowy figures appeared behind him. Even though his house is inside a cave the roof was transparent and he could clearly see the crescent moon above. The two Anitos vanished without a trace. The night was young, everything outside is quiet. Not knowing that an impending war is about to happen soon. Celso can only pray that his granddaughter can somehow use the things inside the box that he had sent to her two months ago.