Chapter 11. More Bad Than Good

Two dark figures afloat, one with a scythe on his hand and the other with just his wings. The reaper attacked Inigo. He manipulated his scythe in an incredible speed. Inigo was careful. One wrong move and it will screw up everything. Because of the weapons agile movements it creates an illusionary replica. This illusions all aimed at Inigo. Inigo spread his wings further extending it. A black aura surrounded him. His red eyes flashed. Then suddenly his wing started to shoot blade like feathers towards the enemy. The feathers vast numbers had halted the reaper’s movements, he focused more on his defences. Inigo determined to eliminate the enemy, transformed his right hands. It turned bronze. Then his hands turned into sharp elongated claws. He pointed his right hands at the direction of the enemy. He also maintained his feather barrage attack to make sure that the enemy is immobile. Then his claws glowed in a combination of scarlet and black. Then it shoot an unseen force. The reaper blocked the attacked but it pierced through his hands and landed directly to where his heart is supposed to be located. The reaper fell on the ground.

“Miguel, you escape now. The battle isn’t over yet. You must…!” before Inigo can finish, the bald man attacked him from behind. His back would have been ripped open had not another man blocked it. The man however vanish into thin air after receiving the blow. Inigo smiled.

“Careful bro, heh.” Daniel appeared out of nowhere with multiple clones. Miguel, who have calculated the situation, decided to escape with the twins. However carrying the two of them was too much for him. A bald boy wearing eye glasses

“Yow, Simon here. A friend of Inigo. Need some horse power?” He stomped on the ground and suddenly his feet were transformed into that of a horse. Miguel nodded. He handed over Yumeko who was still in great pain. Akemi stayed with Miguel.

“I can still walk. Just hold me up.” Akemi hated admitting she needed help. But her pride won’t help her twin sister. She took one last look at Inigo and Daniel who were fighting the death-like assassin. Daniel commanded his clones to surround the enemy. Then his body let out a grim glow, suddenly his hair raised and turned white silver. The clones then turned ghost-like, losing their figures and transforming into a smoke chain. Inigo readied his claws. However, the claw seem to be appearing and disappearing as if he’s having trouble maintaining it.

“What are you waiting for? Aim for it!” Daniel shouted. He was right. The enemy seem to be gathering his strength to break free from the spiritual chain. Inigo shoot the enemy. It hit the bald man to his chest. Then he too fell on the ground. Daniel released him from the chain. “Inigo are you still having trouble using the Minokawa’s claw?”

“Yeah. It drains much of my powers. I don’t think I can transform for the next 5 hours.” Inigo showed his right hand. It was as if it was burned though it was slowly healing. A feeling of unease suddenly hits them. When they looked at the bald man’s body it was no longer there. Then Inigo immediately look up. The man was there with is chain saw-like knife ready to chop their heads off. They were caught off guard.

“Halt spirit of death!” said a man’s voice. Then a handkerchief appeared before the enemy’s eyes. It expanded and expanded until it was big enough to engulf him. The scarf glowed. It was not the fabric that’s making it glow. It was the scriptures written on the scarf. Words that Inigo and Daniel can’t understand. Then it wrapped itself at the bald assassin. But this time the body turned very stiff. As it fell once more on the ground. Inigo looked for the reaper and saw it was already wrapped in the same fabric. “The Japanese girl did a splendid job on this one.” It was an old man wearing dirty clothes and a bag full of dried plants. He was looking at the little girl with Yumeko’s paper charm on the forehead. He kept on poking at the charm as if he was testing it.