Chapter 9. Family Issues

Gibo charges towards the man above him. The force pushing him upward was so strong that it makes all the leaves from nearby trees rattle with vibration. He looked the man in the eye and saw the smirking face anticipating their contact.

“Annoying bastard! What’s with you?!” but instead of answering him the man chanted.

“Searing blades of heaven burn thy opponent.” His swords increased in size as the flames around it got bigger. He then spin both weapon on his hand. Gibo sensing a very powerful attack increased his defence by summoning huge builders from the ground to form a shield. The enemy stopped spinning his weapons and slices the air forming an x like shape fire that moved closer to Gibo. He gathered his strength to keep the rock together. When the flaming x hits him it exploded making the rocks scatter all over the place.

“Gibo!” Thea screamed. She was about to look for him when something wrapped itself around her ankle. “What? Let go of me!” She tried to remove the string that caught her eyes. It was a golden little rope. The struggled fighting it as it appears to be getting tighter and tighter. Then she heard something fell from above. Ignoring the rope she viewed the fallen man. It was Gibo. His shirt was destroyed and most of his body was burned. “Gibo! Get up!”

“I’m just about to. You’re always so loud.” Gibo stood up the tattoos around him started to glow making his injuries heal. Then a strong pact was heard. Just a few distance from them the man who burned Gibo was standing in a newly formed crater.

“I never imagined a diwata as weak as you are.” The enemy looked at Gibo with indifference. He was wearing a bandana over his head, a vest on his upper body and a short with tribal design. His face as well as his arms and chest had many scars.

“I ain’t getting started yet heh.” Gibo just smiled. “Say, Ethan do you want to see my real strength?” more tattoos appeared all over Gibo’s body. Some of them overlapped with the others.

“That’s more I like it.” Ethan seems satisfied and returned to his battle stance.

“Why don’t you take care of your sister first? Here!” Thea shouted. Before Ethan can perceive what’s going on something hits him already. Something heavy.

“Argh, why you?!” Ethan was infuriated. Beside him lies an unconscious girl. She was a voluptuous woman wearing a revealing tribal dress.

“You annoying siblings are pain as always.” Thea tried to stand but her feet hurts. She needed the support of a nearby tree to stand. Her hand bled while holding the golden rope. Looking more closely even her ankles was full of bruises.

“You haven’t won yet princess priestess.” Said a voice from afar. Then suddenly a rain of arrows came towards Thea and Gibo. Instead of panicking Thea waved her hand starting from the left to the right. A strong gust followed sending all the arrows away. A furious Thea became surrounded by strong air currents.

“Impressive. Eastern sky magic.” Ethan uttered.

“You know I won’t back down from you. I don’t know why you’re doing this but you’ve hurt us more than enough.”

“Is that how you greet your cousins?” said the voice from afar.

“Shut up Olivia! You coward!” Just as she finished her sentence the gust surrounding her increased its territory. The trees around them got destroyed. Only one tree remained robust. Suddenly the wind’s strength was able to hit it strong enough that it revealed Olivia’s illusion. She was girl with jet black hair. She was even more petite than Thea. She wasn’t alone though. Wearing her Babaylan dress she rides a creature with a horse lower body and human upper parts. Similar to a centaur except it has a gem-like single horn and it was female.