Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Oh my god. I am so so so so sorry, Michelle," Luke kept on apologizing as I clutched my leg.

"Luke, it's ok. You didn't do anything," I assured him as I winced at the pain in my leg.

"Yes, I did. I decided to go bike riding. I didn't know you were going to be so clumsy and fall and possibly break your leg!" He protested.

"Now, are you going to drive me to a hospital or something?" I flinched as I accidentally touched my leg.

We were chasing a flock of geese, which was totally Luke's idea, and me, being the clumsy and pathetic one, fell. And now Luke is feeling all guilty like it's his fault that I hurt myself.

"Ok, but can I see your leg first?" He asked.

I let go of my leg and whimpered when I actually saw how it looked. It was purple, swelling, and looked fucking gross and deformed. I felt like I was going to vomit.

Luke scrunched up his eyebrows like he was thinking. He also had that sad puppy dog look which meant he was feeling guilty.

He pressed on it a bit, "Does that hurt?"

I winced, "Yes."

"Fuck, I think it's broken," he muttered and carried me to his car and laying me in the backseat.

"It's ok, this isn't the first time I broke my leg," I tried to assure him.

He started driving and I'm pretty fucking sure he broke at least twenty speeding laws. When we arrived at the huge building, it's the UCLA Medical Center, where my mom works.

"Michelle? What are you doing here?" My mom suddenly rushed up to me.

"I'm here to visit you, duh. What else," I rolled my eyes.

"Let me see your leg," She said, ignoring me.

I let go of my leg and let her examine the gross and bruisy thing

"What did you guys do?" She interrogated Luke and I, pressing on my leg a little, which caused me to kick her with my other leg because it fucking hurt.

"Well we were chasing after the ducks, and I fell and broke my leg," I explained.

Wow. That sounded so stupid when you say it aloud.

Oh hey, how was your day? I just broke my leg by chasing after some ducks.

Sounds legit.

"Again, Michelle? Really? You and Colton did this last year. Have you not learned your lesson yet?" She sighed.

"Can we please save the lectures for later? I'm kind of in a lot of pain currently," I groaned, leaning against Luke for support and his arms were still wrapped around my waist, trying to keep me steady.

"All right, let's go." My mom said, indicating us to follow her.

Luke carried me to the room and layed me down on the small hospital bed.

"Again, I'm sorry," he said, kissing my forehead, "I'll be in the waiting room outside.

I nodded.

My mom helped me change into the horrid hospital gown, she gave me some medicine that made me go to sleep.

-

I groaned as I woke up.

"So, Luke, huh?" my mom smirked.

"We're just friends, mom."

"Sure," she rolled her eyes.

"Mom!" I whined.