Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I was currently in my room trying to understand my math homework.

Key word: trying.

Fucking hell why does this math have to be so hard?

So many numbers and variables clogged into my mind I literally want to bang my head against the wall until I pass out. It was already midnight and I still don't understand how to solve the problems on my paper.

It's not like I could ask my mom, she wouldn't be back for another two hours.

The familiar marimba ringtone rang throughout the room and I picked up my phone.

Unknown number. Who the fuck is calling at midnight?

"Hello?"

"I see that the light is still on your room. Why are you still awake? We both have to be at school tomorrow, you know," Luke's said.

"How'd you get my number?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"Calum and Colton. Answer my question."

"Well, Lucifer, I am currently trying to figure out my math homework."

"Really? I can help you if you want. My mum used to be a maths teacher," he offered.

I quickly took his offer because I was really desperate for help. I've been trying to figure this shit out for two hours already.

I pushed my curtains out of the way and opened the window for him to climb in.

He was in boxers and a tank when he climbed through.

"Ok, what are we working with here?" He said, getting straight to work.

-

"Fuckkkkkkk. I still don't understand. I'm gonna fail and I'm gonna be homeless and become a stripper and an old cat lady just because I didn't understand these stupid math equations..." I trailed off repeatedly hitting my head against the desk in my room.

It was currently 1:30 am, and we were both tired and cranky.

"I think you should go to sleep now. It's getting late," Luke said, carrying me toward my bed.

"A stripper, Luke. I'm going to be a stripper," I whined.

He rolled his eyes, "No you're not. It's late and you're not thinking straight. I'll see you tomorrow in school, yeah?"

I nodded and he put me down on my bed and climbed out the window.

-

"Ugh shit!" A voice woke me up.

I groaned when a pillow came hurling in from the window and hit me in the head.

"Wake up, princess. We overslept," Luke groaned from his window.

"Fuck," I muttered as I hurriedly rushed out of bed, brushed my teeth, and took a 3 minute shower.

I literally put on the first thing that I grabbed from my closet and put that on along with my converses and used the rest of the time to blow dry my hair.

I took a banana from the kitchen, grabbed my backpack, and rushed out and slid into the passenger seat of Luke's car who was waiting out in my driveway.

He quiff his hair today and somehow managed to look like an angel in fifteen minutes.

"Just in time," he sighed in relief as he backed out of the driveway and started driving to school.