thirty eight

"olly pop, olly pop, oh olly olly olly olly pop!" louis sang as he patted his tummy. "goodmorning baby oliver! daddy is making us a yummy breakkie and then we are gonna go see a doctor for you!"

louis smiled when he felt his son kick his hand and he waddled down the stairs. he greeted his cat a good morning and made his way into the kitchen, wiggling himself between his lover and the counter.

"hey, beautiful," harry hums and was taken by surprise when louis leaned up to kiss him.

"hi," he says shyly.

"did you sleep well?" harry asks.

"better, now that i'm home," louis bit his lip and looked down. "missed you holding me at night."

harry wrapped his arms around the pregnant boy and pulled him close. "i missed you so much, love."

"more than i missed you?" louis asks.

"maybe. i couldn't sleep, niall had to force me to eat and he even stayed here for the few days you were gone because i was going crazy."

"i'm sorry," louis whispers.

harry frowns and kisses his forehead. "it's not your fault, honey, and all that matters is that my boys are back home safe and sound. right?"

"right!" louis nods. "olly missed his daddy, i felt him kick for the first time when i was talking to him about you. i wish you could have been there, he did it and never stopped once he knew what he was doing. he's pretty smart for still being in my tummy."

harry got on his knees and kissed louis' stomach. "sweet boy, you're gonna be a daddy's boy huh?"

"nuh uh. him's a mummy's boy."

harry shook his head and rubbed louis' belly. "oliver edward styles is a daddy's boy and that's that."

"we will see," louis crosses his arms. harry chuckles and presses on louis' tummy, hoping to get a reaction out of his son and his eyes widened when he felt a bit of pressure on his hand.

louis pushed harry's hand down a little deeper and kept it on top of his, breaking out into a smile when harry realized the baby was actually kicking. harry remembered when one of his friends from school was pregnant his senior year and he got to feel the baby move and such but feeling his own baby wiggle around and kick was something different. it made harry tear up. louis never saw the man cry so when he noticed tiny tear drops falling off of harry's eyelashes, he pulled the man onto his feet and wiped his eyes.

"my babies," harry's voice cracked. "i'm so sorry i couldn't get to you any sooner, louis. i tried and tried and-"

louis silenced him with a kiss to his cheek. "i know, daddy," he starts. "and i'm not mad. you found me, you saved me. i'm not upset it took you a few days because i knew you would come find me, no matter how many times devon said you wouldn't."

"fuck him," harry sniffles as louis wipes his eyes again. "he's out of the picture and you are in it now."

"forever!" louis grins and puckers his lips. harry leaned down and gently kissed him, enveloping his arms around louis' body to hold him close.

"i'm just glad you're home, safe and sound," he murmured against his shoulder. "i'm never letting you go again."

"but what if i gotta pee?" louis quizzes.

harry shrugs. "guess that's an exception. other than that, you are not to go out of my sight and you need to always have your phone on you, okay?"

the submissive nods and he rubs harry's back. "okay."