thirty six

thanks for 57k 💗

---

harry remembers the hotel they stayed at. it was the one near all of those shopping centres, the one with big windows and a beautiful oak tree next to it. that hotel was where they celebrated harry's birthday and the one where (quite frankly) louis got wrecked against a window.

harry knew his spot wasn't too far away from the hotel so he knew where he was going when he noticed the big building on his left. the only thing running through his mind was louis louis louis. he needed to find louis and in order to find him, he has to go over everything he has done recently because it really would not surprise him if it's someone doing this out of spite.

he missed louis so much that it made him sick. he couldn't sleep without the comfort of his boy in his arms. he couldn't be at peace knowing both of his babies have vanished. it has torn him to pieces.

niall was at harry's side making sure the man wouldn't go nuts on a stranger around him. he learned things he never knew about, especially when harry made his way to a large white house. harry knocked a few times and picked the lock when he got no answer.

he knew it was jae's house. he was just here not that long ago on their trip. he remembered seeing picture frames of jae and someone else along the walls, he remembered the dog jae had roaming around the house and he most certainly remembered shooting jae because he tried to fuck him over.

niall stuffed his hands in his pockets and silently followed harry around like a lost puppy. hopefully harry knew what he was doing because niall didn't.

"okay," harry sighs and spins around. "jae was at the doorway of the dining room and i was right here," he points to his feet. "jae held a gun at me while i went to reach for mine-" he mimicks every move he could recollect. "we didn't want to sketch eachother out but jae took the money and ran, so i chased him up the stairs and was able to get him before he snuck out of the house somehow."

"wow," niall whistled. he took a look around the empty living room and he strides over to the entertainment center that had a large telly sitting on it. he crouched down to look at the picture frames and he picked one up, brushing the dust off of the glass and furrowed his eyebrows.

"he looks familiar."

harry turned around. "who, jae?"

"no," niall stands and shows him the image. "the guy with him."

harry took the frame out of his hands and he growls before throwing it at the nearest wall. the frame shattered into little pieces and slumped against the wooden floor, the cracked glass covering devon's face.

"harry?"

the man turned on his heels and made his way up the stairs. he jiggled some doorknobs before busting them open to see if he could find anything else but there was no luck. everything was already cleared out except for what was downstairs.

"damn it," he huffs and pulls open drawers and doors, wishing he could get the answers he needed.

harry heads back downstairs to see niall rummaging through photos and papers. the blonde haired lad seemed too into his task so harry tried his best to be quiet in order to not interrupt him.

"his name is devon."

"mhm," harry frowns. "my ex, remember? snooty and always had to be all up on me."

niall's jaw drops. "fuck, h, i think jae and devon were a thing. look at these."

he scatters the polaroid pictures along the floor and unfolded the letters, setting them out too. harry skins through them, reading little captions like date night or my boy, and harry began to wonder if niall was right.