Chapter 3

Floyd's POV

As he turns around, my eyes widen. The Bleak One has light blue eyes just like in his dragon form. He has soft pink lips that stand out against his pale white face. He looks like he could be a child, but there's a sharp fierceness about him that makes sure you know how old he really is. The piercings in his ears, lips, and eyebrow give him a rugged look as well as his clothes.

      He's wearing ripped black skinny jeans, a light gray shirt, and an unzipped black biker jacket with studs on the shoulders and grey fur rimming the hood's edges that matches his shirt in color. He has black combat boots on, and all of his piercings are black as well.

        He walks towards me as I continue to gape. He's the hottest creature I've ever seen. His size makes me want to protect him. His lips make me want to kiss him.

Continuing to look at him, I have a realization. He looks exactly like the description of Prince Sebastian of Bargeria.

"Hi," he says as he bends down to help me with the straps. As he looks at the straps in concentration, his chin-length bangs fall into his face. "It seems we're going to be partners since we have a connection with our minds. My name is Sebastian. It's nice to meet you..." His incomplete sentence hangs in the air. I realize he's waiting for me to tell him my name when he looks up at me and flips his hair out of his face.

"Oh! I'm Floyd, it's nice to meet you too." I hold my hand out to shake, and he doesn't hesitate before he reaches out as well and grasps it. I'm very flustered at the moment. I've haven't felt this way in a while. I'm not easily flustered and I don't get attracted to people that easily.

"Don't worry about being formal with me. I'm not the biggest fan of rules and appearances," he says.

"Oh, okay," I say quietly.  I'm honestly surprised that I haven't told him to fuck off yet. I'm not really a people person. "Then is it okay if I call you Sebastian?" I inquire.

"Of course. We'll have to make time to get to know each other. At the moment though I'm just worried about lance."

"Lance!" I rasp in a slight panic, "We should go find him. I'm sure you're worried.  Do you think he's okay? He's probably in the infirmary. I passed it on my way here."

Jesus Christ! Why am I rambling. I should just shut up already. He doesn't want to hear my annoying voice. No one ever does...

        I realize the straps are undone and I immediately stand up. "Let's go," I say. Grabbing Sebastian's hand, I jog towards the doors.

"How long have you been here?"Sebastian asks me as the doors open and we run through them. We take turn after turn with me leading him. Because we're jogging, I don't answer him. When we reach the infirmary, I pause outside of the doors.

"Today is my first day here," I finally answer him. I have to refrain from babbling a whole paragraph.

"You've been here one day and you know where the infirmary is?"

      I look over to see Sebastian's bewildered look. "Well, yeah. I have a photographic memory."

     I scratch the back of my neck; it's a habit I've had for a while. Whenever people are paying attention to me I get embarrassed. It's not something that happens that often though.

Blushing, I look straightforward, and I realize that I never let go of Sebastian's hand as he uses it to tug me around. He's surprisingly strong for his height.

"Floyd, that's really cool," he says an adorable grin evident on his face.

      My mind turns to mush when he says my name. I blush again as he stares at me with an intense gaze. I'm not very accustomed to compliments. "Thanks,'' I whispered. Sebastian squeezes my hand, then walks past me and into the infirmary.

I really need to get a hold of myself

       Inside the infirmary, the woman from before is standing next to a bed. Lance is lying on the bed trying to sit up while a nurse keeps pushing him back down. As the door opens and closes behind us, all three of them turn to look at us.

"Sebastian! Boy am I glad to see you. Tell this woman I'm alright," shouts Lance.

       Oh, yeah... Lance and Sebastian are probably together. I guess I forgot. I start to frown as I have this thought. I'm not sure why though. I just met Sebastian. I mean, sure, he's hot as hell, but I don't even know anything about him. Why am I sad that he's in a relationship?

I really need to get a hold of myself. I shouldn't be this vulnerable. I know what happens when I'm vulnerable.

       I'm brought out of my thoughts when I hear Sebastian say, "Why do I have to tell her that. Get your wife to do it."

       I look up in shock to see Sebastian pointing at the woman standing by the bed."Wait. What?" I ask in confusion because most shifters and their handlers are together.

     Lance, Sebastian, and the woman turn to look at me. "What, you thought Lance and Sebastian were together?" The woman asks in distaste. I startle a little when she turns her attention to me. I didn't know I said that out loud, and I really don't like the way she's looking at me.

      "Well, I mean, I just assumed cause they're a duo..." I trail off as I look back at her. She may be the predator here, but I'm not going to make my death easy for her.

       "It's okay Floyd," Sebastian reassures me,  seemingly unaware of our stares towards each other. "Most people assume the same thing if they don't know us personally." Flushed from him talking to me, I nod okay.

"This is Matilda. She's been my wife for three years and was my girlfriend before that for five," says Lance in a proud voice as he gestures to the woman next to him.

"Oh," I mutter. "It's very nice to meet you."

Why are they all being so attentive? The attention is putting me on edge.