One Chance ( A One Direction Fan Fiction)

• Dedicated to BEKAH <3

Hi everybody! This is my first ever fan fic, and I was actually reallyyyy excited to start writing it! So please read and vote if you like it and give me some feedback:) I'm not sure exactly where I want to go with this quite yet but I have some ideas :) ENJOY :) xx

*The roar began in the crowd as soon as Louis, Zayn, Harry, Niall, and Liam each stepped out on stage one by one. I couldn't help but scream as loud as I could with my best friend Bekah who was standing right by my side.

*7 hours earlier*

Jessica's POV

"Jess get up You're gunna be late for school!" my mother screamed from downstairs while In the midst of making my breakfast, which would in fact be cold if I didnt get my arse up Any time soon.

I moaned as I sat up, clearly not in any mood to be happy for school, well I dont think anyone would be, but In my case i had a legitiment reason to not want to get out of bed that day..

Tonight was in fact the One Direction concert in chicago, which I had been trying for months to get any type of tickets to for my best friend Bekah and I to see them, and with my luck they were all sold out with in five minutes of the sale about four months ago. I was on the verge of tears that day as my hopes and dreams had all been washed away within a matter of five minutes.

We had been hoping that maybe , just maybe a radio station or anything would have a contest of some sort giving us the least bit of hope of seeing our idols in the flesh..

"I'm Coming Mom!!" as I dashed down the stairs wearing my hair in a messy bun wearing my favorite light pink, flowery sun dress and i slipped on some flip flops to match.

I ran through the kitchen grabbing some toast and orange juice as I was already 5 minutes late for school, and even worse, I was Bekah's ride! I felt terrible as i was driving up her street to pick her up, I knew I was gonna get an earful from her for being late.

See I didn't have a problem with being a little late occasionally, but Bekah...Oh she was a whole other story. She was always the good one getting straight A's growing up and she had never missed out on one day of school which added to my guilt.

As soon as she stepped in my car I could already feel she was livid. I drove off down the street, waiting for her to have the first word, I could tell in her body language that she so badly wanted to scream at me but it took her a few minutes. I knew her all too well and that look meant that she was pondering on what to say, or in my case scream at me because she was one never to say something she would regret.

A few minutes had passed and I saw her getting ready to have at it..

" Jess what happened?!? You know darn well how I've never missed a day of school before in my life and you just had to go and mess it up didn't you?! We will be done with high school within this year and I so badly wanted to keep my attendance record clean, and it's all ruined now just because you didn't wanna get out of bed cause you were depressed for not getting those stupid one direction tickets!"

It was silent for a few minutes then "What makes you beautiful " started playing on the radio... Perfect timing right?

Bekah put her earphones in listening to some music as I started jamming out to the song singing completely off key as I always do. "YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL OH OH THATS WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL" as I scram the very last lyric a radio host started speaking about the concert tonight , putting me in a terrible mood, as If I wasn't in one already. My best friend was mad at me, we were late to school, and on top of that, I didn't have tickets for the band I've been dying to see for years.

"Thats right listeners , all you have to do is tweet #ChicagoLoves1D and you'll automatically will be entered into a drawing for 2 front row seats and backstage passes to meet the one and only One Direction tonight at the Allstate arena!!"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing...I hit Bekah in the arm screaming, telling her to tweet #ChicagoLoves1D as many times as she could. Of course she was slightly confused since she was giving me the silent treatment while listening to her music.. I explained to her what had just happened and we quickly busted out our phones and began tweeting.

The school bell sounded and we rushed to our second class since we had missed out on first period, which becks wasn't too happy about , but she soon got over it.

All day all I could do was think about that contest and how I would do anything to win it, anything... I could hardly pay attention in any of my classes, but who would if they had a once and a lifetime chance of meeting their idols? I sat in my chair fidgeting until the final bell rang and I had rushed out of the room to go and find bekah so we could get home and check my email for the contest results.

I was freaking out in the car thinking about what I would do if I won this contest. I would be able to meet one direction! Eeeek! Just the thought of it makes me overwhelmed with excitement! I sped home with Bekah in the passenger seat, which probably wasn't the best idea, but all I could think about was getting home to my computer and nothing could stop me.

As soon as I pulled up into the drive way ,I ran into my room, tripping on a few stairs along the way but I didn't even notice the pain in my leg, all I cared about was getting to that computer...

I opened up yahoo and quickly typed in my username and password waiting for the page to load. My heart had never beat this fast before. A few seconds later it came up and there it was... "An important note from your Local radio station" I really didn't want to open it at the slightest chance that we didn't win. I ran out of the room and made Beck open it for me.

I sat patiently in The living room, awaiting the news from Bekah... She came out into the living room with her head druped low, looking devestated... I didn't want to hear it, I knew for a fact that I'd cry myself to sleep if we didn't win, knowing that thousands of girls were watching the boys that I was dying to see and I would just have to sit at my house watching sad, depressing lifetime movies with my mom.

Bekah's POV

Jess had grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into her room telling me " you open it, I just can't, I'm soooo nervous!" I gladly said yes as she went out into the living room, clearly nervous yet excited awaiting the news from the email.

I went over the her email and slowly clicked the message... I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty damn nervous myself. Ever since Jessica got me hooked on one direction, I've been obsessed with them just like her, knowing everything there is to know about them.

I looked back at the computer, and there it was... The answer to all my prayers! " CONGRATULATIONS, we are pleased to present you and a friend with 2 one direction tickets and backstage passes, a limo will be by to pick you up around 6 pm , please respond with your name and address so we know we're to be. Thank you

-One Direction Management team Xx"

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, this was completely unreal, like a dream! I pinched myself and I was so glad that my dreams had come true! I tried so hard not to scream because I wanted to mess with Jess for being late this morning...

I slowly walked down the hall, into the living room looking slightly depressed with my head down like something was wrong. I looked up at Jess and pulled off some fake tears to make it look believable.

I sat down next to her and started off by saying " I was so excited, thinking we'd actually have a chance to meet them... I'm sorry Jess but we didn't win...." she sat there silent for a moment, and a few seconds later tears started streaming down her face. I felt like a terrible friend for doing this but hey! She deserved it!

I let her cry for about 5 minutes , them I dragged her into her room opening up the email and showing it to her. She sat up and starred at me with a blank expression like she was in shock. I plugged my ears awaiting the deadly screams that would soon escape from her mouth...