Chapter 26

I slumped back against the sofa set and leaned against Callias' side in disbelief, while my bottom lip dropped open. The hell. I had this sudden urge to wipe the slithery smirk off of that old man's face, and punch him square in the jaw.

But, I wouldn't do that. I'm too much of a pipsqueak for that. And besides, he would mostly likely have me in a headlock before I could even say oops. This man was a beast, and someone to be wary of.

He always had something up his sleeve, and he has something against his son. A grudge so bad, that I bet that when polished, it would still be rusty because he's the kind that could hold them longer than he could hold his own breath. Damn. I couldn't help myself from glancing over to Clara, who had her hands on her hips, and her head tilted to the side.

She was just as pretty as she was in the picture. Short in physique, but dainty and delicate. A woman that can be the eye of envy to any who set their eyes on her. I wouldn't blame Callias for wanting her, as if feeling my eyes on her she turned around and stared at me. Her eyes drifted from me, to Callias' arm around my waist. Clara's eyes narrowed hatefully at me, like a dagger, and I couldn't stop myself from being a little smug about it.

I leaned into Callias even further and curled my fingertips in between his. Proudly showing her that i'm not afraid of a little competition. Because there wasn't any, Callias told me that he loved me. And I believe him, even though I couldn't fight that sliver of jealousy that erupted all over my body at thought of him and Clara being already married. They've already done the deed, and she could use that to her advantage.

Callias and I haven't even mated yet, and as much as I wanted to I really wasn't ready for it. I was scared, I wanted Callias to touch me the way a man would touch a woman. But...i'm not a woman, and Callias hasn't been in bed with his gender before. It makes me queasy to think that's probably why we haven't taken our relationship a step further.

I looked down at my pants and frowned, if I were a woman, would Callias have me in bed without a second thought? My head snapped up at Clara who looked down on me with a knowing smirk plastered onto her face. I instantly bristled, when her eyes raked dangerously over me. Bring it on bitch. I nuzzled into Callias side even further than I already was, only to piss her off. And boy did that work. Callias looked down on me and smiled softly before moving me over into his lap.

My eyes narrowed into slits when Octavius stepped around Jack. Taunting him. He already had him where he wanted, and that worried me. Octavius shifted onto one side, before something in me came to a sudden realization. If Lois and Jeremiah were still alive. Than that meant that their sons had to be too...or at least one of them.

It only made sense if it did. The fates couldn't be as cruel as to leave Jeeves without his sons too. Jeeves told me that when he and his mate were torn apart from their pack their sons where taken in by Nolan. Jeeves was left to believe that his family had died, and that his pack members were perished from existence.

Jeeves was left with nothing in the world but the memories of his family, and ever since his partner came back to the picture. Everything just took a tool on him, he didn't need to say it, it was all written in his eyes. And my heart instantly went out to him. My eyes zoomed in on Jack, as soon as I snapped out of my reverie. He stood rigid but kept his eyes solely on Jeeves. "I don't know what you're talking about." Jack said, trying to deny it, as he lowered the gun to his side without letting it go off with a bang.

"Don't make me laugh." Octavius scoffed out, as he marched right up to his face and stared him down pointedly. "I know everything about my accomplices Jack. You ran a pack along side your mate, and your two beloved children." He muttered without breaking eye contact. I could have sworn that my heart almost stopped beating. Shit.