Chapter 25

I couldn’t breath when my eyes locked onto Royce’s head, I had to force myself to hold in another scream that tried to bubble its way up my throat and rip through my windpipes. I never saw someone die before, unless it was on Tv, and it was something that I never wanted to see again.

Not after seeing Royce die, Callias’ arms stiffened around my waist while my eyes stayed locked on Royce’s head. There was so much blood that it made me sick to my stomach. I hated the sight and smell of blood. But I couldn’t keep my eyes off of it. I couldn’t move.

“Miss me son?” Octavius asked sarcastically. Callias didn’t answer him at first, mostly because he was trying to comfort me as much as possible. “What do you want dad?” Callias murmured hesitantly while slowly massaging my hips. Octavius let out a barking laugh before cutting it off short with a snort.

His laughter left me all spooked. It gave me the heebie jeebies.“We’ve run into some complications from my plans, complications that shouldn’t have happened in the first place.” He sneered down at me. A shiver rose up and down my spine, when he looked at me. “Darren has nothing to do with it dad, if that is what you’re implying..” Octavius rolled his eyes before stepping up in front of me and Callias. He looked down at Royce’s head, and crouched down to pick it up with his bare hands.

He didn’t even look disgusted at it. No. Octavius just smiled as he played around with Royce's head in his hands, he didn’t even mind the blood that began to drench and stain his hands. He even looked like he was strangely happy that he had a dead man’s head in his hands That was so gross and wrong on so many levels. “I hope you lot weren’t so emotionally attached to this leech.” He hissed out as he held Royce’s head in one of his hands before throwing it up in the air once and catching in the other hand.

“Blood is a very pretty color.” He smirked tauntingly as his eyes gleamed down to what was left of Royce. “Cut it out dad. This isn’t funny, just cut to the chace. Tell us what you want so you can leave us alone.” Callias managed with a shaky breath. I tried comforting him, but I was so scared myself that I couldn’t. I’m so pathetic. “You are not the son that I raised you to be.” He snarled.

“See this head?” Octavius blatantly pointed out as he placed it onto the coffee table while his hand is still firmly wrapped around Royce’s hair. “Any one of you in this room could be next, and anyone of you will add a fine piece to my collection.” He teased. “All you need to do is play a little game with me.” He chuckled hoarsely and let Royce’s head roll off the coffee table.

He snapped one of his fingers once and when I least expected it I heard something sneak their way behind me and Callias. And almost instantly, my blood ran cold when I felt something cool on the back of my head. “Baby, whatever you do don’t look behind you love.” Callias whispered to me. At the corner of my eye, Octavius laughed again before slapping his knee cap. “You really are such an intolerable bastard aren’t you Callias?” He chuckled. “Don’t listen to him Darren just look at me. Think about me only.” He urged, as he reached up and placed both of his warm and calloused hands on both sides of my cheeks. He used his thumb to wipe away the stray tears, but the more that he did that the more they kept coming. I was such a wuss.

“Here are the rules to this game.” Octavius began with a low chuckle before taking a short pause.

“...There is none. I’ll just make them up as we go along. My patrones will be available to assist me at all times, and you will be able to do nothing about it.” He hissed menacingly. I tried my best to ignore Octavius, as I did exactly as Callias told me to do, I didn’t look away from his eyes, and pretended to be somewhere else. I slowly closed my eyes and let Callias’ warm and gentle fingers glide through my cheeks, while I tried to control my breathing by taking slow and steady breaths. I quickly looked up however, when a sharp cry from Logan split through the air. Kristoff Kratoff came towards Logan and Serge, and threatened to take him  again. Just like he did before. “I know you had my baby Logan Price.” He smirked as he leaned slightly backwards.