Chapter 15

My eyes slowly fluttered open, and I was suprised to find myself curled up into soft and warm fort of bed sheets with Callias by my side. His arms were scooped up tightly around me as I cuddled into him shamelessly. I couldn’t help it; his touch is comforting. Since when did I fall asleep? I peered up at him through my curly fringe as I let a playful smile stretch my cheekbones. I couldn’t help but grin lopsidedly when he started muttering something inaudibly under his breath.

He wasn’t much of a morning person. I parted my lips slightly, ignoring my bad morning breath, while I fondly started to trace the side of his face with my fingertips.  “Good morning, love.” Callias breathed out without opening his eyes. I blushed furiously, and was about to take my hand away from his face when he suddenly caught my hand and placed it back on to his cheek. Callias smiled cheekily as he brought our intertwined hands together to his lips when he finally peered his piercing brown eyes down at me. “G’morning.” I whispered shly.  

He smiled softly as he refused to let go of our hands. “Had a good sleep?” He murmured before he started to yawn cutely. I nodded eagerly as I couldn’t stop smiling this morning. “Good.” He whispered. “And if you were wondering, I slept just fine.” He chortled making me grin. I let out a big yawn as I rubbed my eyes; trying to get them to stay open but they felt very heavy this morning. It was unpleasant, I stretched out my arms and legs and tried to get Callias’ arm off of me because I wanted to go to the bathroom. “Callias?” I murmured, as I tried to lift his heavy arm off. “I need to go to the bathroom.”

I let out an ooomf when I failed to get his arm off. He was way too heavy for me, I wish I had the strength and build of ten men; but unfortunately, my frame wasn’t built well enough for that. I was stuck being the short one, and it sucked. I hated being short. “Callias…” I whined, but the man wouldn’t budge at all. Callias chuckled deep in the back of his throat making my lips twitch into a frown. He did that on purpose.  

I was about to say something when his large frame decided to hover over my body with both of his arms on either side of me; causing me to flush when his eyes mischievously shone down on me. I couldn’t stop laughing when Callias suddenly began to tickle my sides, I hated it when people did that to me. I was a very ticklish person, and he hit my sensitive spots so easily that i’m surprised at how quickly he managed to find them.  “Stop Callias! Please!” I giggled when he tickled my mid region and gasped when his hands wouldn’t stop.

“I-I can’t breath!” I was laughing so hard that my cheek bones hurt from smiling too much.  I hadn’t felt this way in such a long time. I almost forgot how it felt and in a way, I felt relieved to be able to laugh again this much so freely. “There’s the smile that I love to see.” He winked before leaning down to peck my lips slowly. I let my eyes close in bliss as I sighed. “I’ll be waiting for you when you’re done.” I blushed again when he rolled himself off of me and back on his side of the bed. He folded his arms backwards so that they cupped his head. He was so playfull this morning.

I smiled when his eyes closed happily and as his face twisted up into the biggest and the most goofiest smile that I have ever seen on him. I’ve never seen him so happy before, and knowing that I could possibly be the reason for that made me bloom. I trudged my way to the bathroom across Callias’ room and closed the door shut. I frowned and squinted at my own reflection in the mirror. I sometimes don’t understand how Callias could actually want someone like me for. I was just fifteen, and he could have anybody else in the world. I was lucky to have someone like Callias, I don’t think that I would ever find someone else if he didn’t end up in my life. Before Callias came into my life, I was boring.