Chapter 20

The door bell continued to ring for a few more minutes, as the room grew silent. No one even made a move to get up and get the door, its must be something important since it sounded urgent. “Maybe we should get the door…” I awkwardly suggested while twiddling my thumbs together. Callias chuckled before kissing and nuzzling my neck. I blushed when  my heart began to soar at the affection.

 “I’ll get it.” Serge offered before getting up from the couch and heading straight towards the door. I still felt pretty awkward with Nikolas staring right at us. “So...when did this happen?” He mused as he rubbed his stipple bearded chin.

 To my surprise, Callias gruffed out a muffled curse and flipped him off. “Callias! That’s rude.” I chided him while taking my elbow and jamming it playfully to his side. He just laughed it off and began to blow a couple of raspberries on the nape of my neck as he tickled my sides. “S-stop!” I couldn’t stop laughing, and at this point I smiled so much that my cheek bones began to hurt. “You think that’s funny?” Callias growled playfully while teasingly giving me some love bites. At the corner of my eye, a two pairs of footsteps approached us hesitantly before the owner of the first pair of shoes on the right cleared their throat. It was Royce.

 “What is he doing here?” He muttered out in distaste as his eyes glazed over to Nikolas. “He brought us some interesting news, news in which you failed to report to us.” Callias murmured under his breath, Royce squinted his eyes, while scrunching up his nose. “Oh, that.” He sighed as he raked a hand through his tousled hair. “Sorry about that, I was going to tell you earlier but things got a little out of hand at the council.” Callias sighed in annoyance.

“What are we going to do about it then?”

Jeeves approached us around the living room floor with a tray set of tea. All organized and polished with a little treat laid out perfectly on the side. He bent down to place the tray on the coffee table, before stepping backwards and folding his hands together in front of him. “Who’s your friend?” Serge asked him while he sat back down the love seat, and draped a loose arm over Logan’s shoulder.  “This is Jack Whittier; but its Nikolas who shouldn’t be here though, I can have him arrested for tresspassing Callias.”

Callias waved a hand to Royce in dissmal.

While Nikolas scoffed before crossing his arms over his broad chest, “what is the purpose of your visit Royce. We haven’t all the time in the world for you. We have important matters to discuss." Callias muttered under his breath. I leaned back into his chest while closing my eyes, and let his warm arms wrap around my waist. I didn’t really want to bother myself with what they were talking about. All I wanted was to be with Callias right now.  “Whittier is going to be staying with you guys for awhile by orders of Lord Ducan. All of you are to be left under house arrest for your safety, until he says, you’ll all be under his watchful eye. And everything that goes on around these premises will be reported by Jack, and sent to Lord Ducan.”

My eyes squinted together in confusion, “he can’t do that to us, that’s invasion of privacy and this is my pack.” Callias boomed. “I’m sorry you feel that way Callias. But… as you already are aware, Darren and Logan are in danger. And you clearly don’t have many options to go through.” Royce tsked as he glanced down his fingernails.

My stomach swam with nerves as my eyes gazed over to Jack who was staring at me the entire time. His eyes never strayed away from me, and it left me feeling very anxious. I curled into Callias' chest even further. “I’m filing a report for this.” Callias declared with finality. “I’m afraid that can’t be done...after all, you should know by now, that i’m on your side. Not against you, i’m the one that’s got you through to the convention remember? I’m also the one who’s saved your fucking ass since the beginning of time Callias...and guess who’s doing it again? That’s right; I am.” He smirked.