Chapter 8

Nolan took a couple of threatening steps towards me, while I tried to keep my breathing in control. But it was hard to, when fear clogged you up so tightly that it actually forms knots in your tummy. “Young master, I suggest that this sort of behavior is to be taken when its not in eyes reach of other humans.”

Thankfully, Jeeves was here to break the spell; literally. And like a lighter that lost its flame, Nolan snapped out of it and clenched his jaw together tightly but that didn’t stop him from keeping his fists wrapped up together at his sides. Someone is getting antsy.

“The fuck do you want Jeeves?” Nolan snapped out in irritation, “sir, may I suggest that you--” Nolan snarled angrily before whipping his head back to face Jeeves who stood rigid with taut shoulders. “That wasn’t my question, what do you want?” Nolan gritted out. My eyes narrowed, as I tried to resist the temptation to but in. It was hard trying to keep my mouth shut.

“Nothing sir.” Jeeves whispered  as his eyes fell down to the ground in shame. “That’s what I thought. Do not forget your place around me Jeeves.” Nolan rudely suggested before flipping his body around back to me, “we are taking this back at home, don’t think that for a second, that you’re off the hook here.” He growled out before digging his nails into my wrist making me involuntarily hiss as he dragged me out of Calvin Klein.

The ride back to Nolan’s was very awkward, and tense to say the least as a heavy silence coated the air. My insides began to squirm uncomfortably as Nolan kept his stare firmly on me. I wanted him to say something, anything really, just to get rid of this awkardness. I hated it when that happened when i’m around people. But Nolan wasn’t really a human, and I was scared to say anything in case he would rip my head off.

Nolan kept an unwavering glare at me at the corner of my eye, as I silently began to wish that I was never bought in the convention in the first place. After all, it was pretty hard to not be intimidated when you are in the presence of a freaking blood sucker in the first place. There are so many things that could go wrong, so many things that could just pop out of the blue and purposely try to ruin your mojo. But...then again, I honestly think that’s the point. And as if things couldn’t get any worse...they have. Traffic. Fan-fucking-tastic.

“Jeeves, is there another short cut around here?” Nolan said in an obviously agitated tone.  But I didn’t know why he was in such a hurry to get back to his place for...oh, wait that’s right. He wants to sink his teeth into me for supper.  “I’m afraid not master.” Jeeves muttered out before honking wildly at the driver in front of us who deliberately cut us off but not before rolling down the side of his car window and cursing at Jeeves.

“Typical.” Nolan cursed as he slumped back into his seat while rolling his eyes. I arched an eyebrow at him before clearing my throat, “Can I ask you something?” Nolan hesitantly glanced towards me before nodding without saying anything. “Why did you choose me out of all the other boys?” I whispered daringly before wrapping my arms around my stomach uncomfortably. As I waited for the answer that I longed to hear from him. “That is for me to know and for you to not find out.” He hissed. Someone’s cranky.

My nose scrunched up at that as my left eye began to twitch in annoyance, I shouldn’t have said anything at all if he was going to act like a brat. Nolan’s phone in the front of his pocket began to ring again. My ears strained to hear his conversation but I had a hard time figuring anything out.  The voices on the other line were muffled, and the more I tried to zone in on the conversation the more I found myself growing tired. I let my eyes flutter close during the rest of the drive.