Chapter 5

Their plantation was huge. My eyes popped out of their sockets as I let my jaw drop like a gaping fish in awe. It stood hidden amongst the tall trees in the middle of a forest as I let my eyes trace each detail.

Outwordly, the house was everything that one would expect it to be, especially coming from a first class vampire. It had glass windows, and you could see everything clearly on the inside. 

They had a beautiful garden that's filled with a variety of different tropical plants. The birds in the trees chirped happily as they soared from one bush to the other. I almost forgot that I was prisoner. And just like that my bobble popped when I felt arms snake their way around my waist.

“This is your new home."

Nolan whispered against my ear lobe making me shiver uncomfortably as I draped my arms loosely over my chest. The car pulled up to their driveway and I was still blankly staring at their house. I jumped out of my reverie when the front car doors slammed shut, and as Rowen tapped on my glass window anxiously; beckoning me to open up.

I clicked it open, and found myself slowly stepping out of the car seat. Still feeling a bit woozy from the drive.

I gulped loudly as my hands began to shake and my legs began to buckle on their own. I wasn’t sure what to expect when we walked up to their front door. But I had a feeling that...it wasn’t going to be anything good.

Nolan took my arm roughly before rushing to the front door of the house and punching in some random digits as they and the door clicked open.

He let go of my arm, and arrogantly strutted through the room before he took off his jacket and let it fall on the floor.

"Welcome to my humble abode." Nolan sarcastically called out to me as his footsteps echoed around the walls. "There are four wings to the house." He began, while I hesitantly followed him into the living room.

"The first wing is the library, the second is the business room you are not to be there under any circumstances unless I say otherwise. The third wing is the master's suite where my old man and I sleep. And lastly..." He pointed out before taking a long, and heavy pause.

"The fourth wing. You are not allowed to be there at all. It is strictly forbidden." His eyes were menacing when he mentioned the fourth wing. "What's in the fourth wing?" I asked daringly. Nolan said nothing to me as he smirked and looked the other way. Nolan shrugged his jacket off of his shoulders and dropped it onto the floor with a pop.

My mouth dropped open at his audacity. If my mom saw me do that, she wouldn’t hesitate to slap me. “Aren’t you going to pick that up?” I mumbled to myself before cupping my mouth in shock as my eyes grew wide. He’s going to kill you for sure.

Way to go doofus. I gulped as his body froze and turned around slowly before he tilted his head an arched an amused eyebrow at me.

“That’s why we have Jeeves for that.” I cocked my head to the side letting my fringe fall over my eyes. “Jeeves?” I whispered out, before he nodded his head. “The housekeeper.”  I flushed as a wave of embarrassment began to sink through the pit of my stomach. Of course.

Rowen grumbled lowlly before roughly bumping his shoulder into mine,  he angrily made his way through the hall. “If you need me...which I sincerely hope you do not. You know where to find me.” He said to Nolan who nodded; never once did Rowen actually bother to look back at me.

But i’m okay with that. I wasn’t really wanting him to look at me in the first place. I rubbed the nape of my neck uncomfortably as his dark, cold eyes meet mine before swiveling his body up the stairs with loud and thundering steps. I shivered. What’s crawled up his ass and died? Nolan inclined his neck to side as if he were encouraging me to follow him.

I did, I licked my lips as an appealing scent lingered across the room. Somebody was good at cooking. “Looks like you're hungry, any diet that you specifically follow?” Nolan teased before pulling out a stool chair for me before sitting down on one himself.

“I only eat fruits and grains.” I mumbled to him as my cheeks tinted pink, I wasn’t much of a carnivore. I never really liked meats, they always left my stomach swirling with nausea. Nolan lifted his eyebrows in interest. “You are a vegetation? Interesting.” He murmured as hooked one leg over the other and rubbed his chin. “Anything else I need to know about you?” He smirked teasingly.

I flushed in embarrassment, before I hesitantly took a seat on the bar stool.  Why am I being treated so nice around here? I never wanted to be here in the first place, and I made sure of that the minute Nolan guards got their hands on me. I closed my eyes as Callias’ face past through my lids.

I needed him, I clutched a hand tightly to my chest but slowly released it with a jump when something slided over to me.

A cesar salad. “I hope this is to your liking.” This must be Jeeves, I noted as his blue eyes pierced down on me sternly. I nodded my head to him in thanks before digging in.There was something off about Jeeves something that I didn’t like, he threw me off with this weird vibe from him.

I let my eyes wander and rake over a long, and mysterious tattoo that stretched over his arm. “Its a slave mark.”  Nolan said as he rudely answered my thoughts. “Long ago, I saved Jeeves’ life and he swore to protect mine in return. And this was the result of that.”

His response was short and straight to the point.

But I had a feeling that there was something much more to that. My eyes widened when a glass plate shattered against the kitchen floor. Jeeves stared blankly into nothingness as my heart beat started to kick into overdrive. “Jeeves!” Nolan cried out before hopping down from the stool and coming around so that he stood in front of him.

“Snap out of it Jeeves!” He whispered urgently as he slapped Jeeve’s cheeks before his eyes hesitantly darted towards mine.  Jeeves still wasn’t responding...but what made matters worse was when my eyes flew down towards his tattoo...it began to glow. I gulped when Nolan began to hum something under his breath while closing his eyes.

Making Jeeves gasp out sharply as his eyes fluttered back into really.

What just happened?

 My eyes widened, as I let my fork drop onto the plate with a clang making Nolan and Jeeves’ eyes snap down towards me. Nolan immediately stepped away from Jeeves before asking him if he was alright. Jeeves nodded before shaking himself out of his reverie. “You need to rest Jeeves...this has been happening way too many times.” Jeeves shook his head in refusal and kept on insisting that he was fine.

 When Nolan and I clearly knew that he wasn’t. Something wasn’t right here at all. “Don’t worry about what you just saw Darren.” Nolan suggested before he came back to his seat and resumed eating. “After we are done eating we are heading off into the city. We need to get you some clothes, since you are going to be here for awhile.” Nolan murmured, before taking a sip out of his glass of water and rubbing his lips with the back of his wrist as some of it slipped down his chin.

 “I don’t understand.” I cried out in frustration before pushing my plate to the side and jumping off of the bar stool. “What do you mean?” He dared ask. “If you brought me here to be your blood slave...why don’t you treat me like one then? Why are trying to fill me up with false hope?” I spat at him. Wrong move.

 Nolan’s eyes darkened before my eyes widened in fear when he broke the glass of water in his hand. “Leave Jeeves.” He muttered out rudely as Jeeves nodded in obedience before he dropped what he is doing and left the kitchen area only to leave elsewhere.

Nolan arm’s caged me in on the edge of the bar counter, as my back hit it. “You want me to treat you like a slave?” He growled out before his fangs flashed at me making me gulp.

“I’ll treat you like a slave.” I gulped as my heart beat began to beat vigorously against my rib cage.

I need to learn how to keep my mouth shut.