Chapter X- Can't forgive him

Their peaceful days don't last for long. Emperor Khan has sent soldiers to crush them down.

The Swahilan tribe never acknowledge a ruler before. They're too proud for it. And the Emperor required total obedience.

Clashing and moving again. They have lost too many brave warriors.

Ajax asks, "Are you okay, Allie? You look pale."

"Fine. Just need a little rest."

Bumping around in a crowded wagon with other pregnant women. Not easy life for her.

Allie doesn't feel so good. But she doesn't want to worry him. Ajax got too many problems in his plate right now.

Foods are scarce nowadays. The men don't have time to hunt. And they have dug up most of their sweet potatoes.

One night, Allie asks Ajax, "Why not we accept Khan as our Emperor? Settle down somewhere. It might not be so bad."

Ajax replies, "Not that simple. Khan demanded we disband the tribe. Forbids us from singing our folk songs and lores. Trying to steal our identities away."

"We must fight back, "says her.

"My brave little wife. "

He kisses her lips and then urges her to sleep early. She doesn't look so good.

It's still very early in the morning. But Ajax is already gone when she wakes up. And his battle axe is gone too.

Allie got horrible feelings so she asks the tribesmen if they knew where Ajax has gone.

One men told her about Ajax's duel in a plain southern from here.

Allie jumps up on a horse and gallops away. To find her husband.

From a distance, she could see Ajax is duelling with another man. She whips her horse to run faster.

Allie climbs down from the horse. And she runs as fast as she could.

Ajax has received a mortal blow. He has fallen to the ground. Bushes block her path but they couldn't stop her from running. She tripped on a rock and fell down.

Allie quickly rises on her feet again. Keep on running toward him.

Ajax is gasping for air. A lethal wound on his chest. He says with a hard effort, "You're bleeding... "

Allie looks downward. Some blood are dripping down from her. She has lost their child.

"No!" yells her sadly.

"I'll take care of our child well..." says Ajax before he dies.

Allie kneels down. Holding his hand and kept calling for his name. But he couldn't hear her voice anymore.

Allie rises back on her feet. Staring angrily to Razi Quillon.

She yells angrily, "You killed my husband! "