Chapter IX -In love again

Ajax, Swahilan chief is a simple minded man. Enough food to eat. Enough clothes to keep you warm. And you're okay. You should be thankful to God. That's his main philosophy in life.

He always says,"No matter what happens, we'll face the weather. "

Wears extra clothes during cooler day. Topless during hot days. Forget changing weather (circumstances). Humans should only adept to situation ahead.

Allie wishes she could learn from him. The easy going lifestyle. She asked him to teach her.

He only says, "Let's go fishing."

They have been fishing for a while. Still got no fish.

Ajax asks, "Why the long face again?"

"I can't understand men."

"Well, I can't understand women either. 'Cause I'm no woman."

Allie sighs. She explains, "Few months ago, I met a man and fell in love with him. My father's worst enemy."

Ajax laughs heartily. Finally he says, "Sounds like a comedy to me."

She punches his strong bicep. Ajax could always laugh about everything. This guy sure laugh like he has no worries in life. His head would lead backward and laughs. Just like that.

Ajax teases, "Seriously, Allie. You thought he would just forget everything and love you? This is real life. Not a sweet fairytale. "

"Guess so. So, I broke up with him. Rather ugly. My childhood friend rescued me. Promised to love me forever. "

Ajax grins. He teases, "Not to well, I guess."

"Why? "

"You ended up jumping down from a balcony. "

Allie finally laughs too.

Ajax taps her shoulder and says, "Just laugh. Sometimes there is no real solutions to your problems. Just laugh your problems away. It better than be stressful about things you can't change."

Allie wipes some tears away from too much laughing.

She continues, "Guess I expected too much from him. He betrayed me once. Betrayed my father. Betrayed his country. I had believed he had changed. "

Ajax teases, "Bet he is super handsome. "

"Yeah. Why?"

"Handsome guys always got a second chance. "

Allie laughs heartily this time again.

Ajax is probably right after all. Razi Quillon could never change. It's his nature after all.

The big guy stands up and throws a small rock into the river.

Allie protests, "Hey! You are scaring the fish away!"

Ajax points to the ripples.