Warm light (16)

Warm light

Fragmented light flooded my eyes, blinding me temporarily. I was in the woodland again, I’m not sure where. The constant feeling of sickness and pain that lingered in the pit of my stomach in death had gone. My world is spinning, bright sunlight filtering through the canopy of trees, a cold wind brushes past chilling me to the bone. I’ve seen the loving father that has been dead for years, my bitter grandparents, my mother… if only I weren’t so stubborn and full of youthful angst, our last days together could have been one of care, of family, of support…

“Miss-” I hear an unfamiliar woman’s voice say.

“Grey!” A man finishes her sentence. I look up to see the two people, the man and woman look very alike other but the woman was an inch or so shorter and had very fair blond hair whereas the man had black hair.

“Who… Who are you?” I stuttered. My stomach is starting to settle now and my body feels so free, so happy with the fresh air I can’t explain it but it’s the best feeling I’ve ever had; to be alive amongst the living, I have never realized how amazing the sensation is.

“She is Tanya…” He says.

“And he is Tony.” Tanya finished.

“We are the twins!” they chirp in unison.

“How do you know me?” It sounds like such a stupid question now; my name seems so well known (among strange inhuman beings at least).

“We have been sent…” Tanya started.

“To help you.” They seem happy, far too much so in fact. They have cheerful smiling faces but there’s something off about them I can’t quite put my finger on. It’s like looking at the Immortals, they look human but there is something strange that is hardly noticeable.

“How? How could you possibly help me?” I say dusting myself off and standing up. They are not too much taller than me; Tanya is probably only a couple on centimetres above me I could easily be her height in a year or two.

“We have technology far more advanced then mankind…” Tanya starts.

“Like the Death created immortals we have very advanced skills!” Tony finishes.

“We just prefer to be productive rather than murderous.” Tanya again. They stand there grinning at me. The sweet bird song and the rustling of the wind through green leaves only increase the awkwardness of the silence between us.

“So Miss Grey…” Tony.

“Please follow us!” Tanya. They turn around and walked in the opposite direction side by side murmuring to each other. I don’t know what to do, what if they’re lying? What if they work for those two immortals, Muriel and Maxwell? And who sent them anyway? Help doesn’t just emerge from nowhere… does it?

***

Why am I following these two?

Authors note: If there are any mistakes please tell me. I know I haven't updated Grey Wolf for a while so sorry to anyone following this story. I hope you like this chapter-not much happens, my apologies. Vote, comment et cetera if you like it. Thank you  :D