Grey facts (15)

Grey facts

“This must be quite a lot to take in Lindsey.” Says mum smiling sympathetically at me, and as per usual I see love and care in her eyes.

“That we understand. There are still some things we shall explain to make this easier for you.”  Death’s rusty voice wheezes from under his hood. “Say goodbye to your family, we shall move as we talk.”

***

“I’m guessing you’re still a little perplexed Lindsey. The Immortals were created by me; they were created to indiscriminately destroy human lives to keep population on earth under control.” Death’s words do lot linger in the air but drift of briskly in the vast space around us.

“Life’s ‘last resort’ is us, she tries using natural disasters but for them to strike in logical and explainable patterns they must affect certain places accordingly for example a hurricane can only destroy near the coast, volcanoes can only destroy near plate boundaries and thus only people in those selective areas are harmed.

“We have created similar creatures in the past such as werewolves and vampires but when there purpose expires they need to be taken care of…” Ann continues from him explaining in more detail.

“We have dealt with them before in a similar fashion; with human help.” Death interjects.

“If we were to send some of the workers in death well, there might be more destruction and human disturbance then planned.” Ann once again finishes off.

I guess I understand a little better now “But… What about the necromancers?” I ask.

“Well they give me most of their soul and in return I let them pass in and out of death taking the spirits of our residents to do their bidding.” Death says.

“But like immortals they are killers! And are possibly even more sadistic, they have started to become more powerful. We have to end their dark ways before they try to their luck at rebelling.” Ann continues. I find it rather funny that the creators of such grey and vile creatures can label them as sadistic.

“They should be all the facts you need.” Death concludes.

“But the cards…” I ask nervously, this place still makes me feel woozy.

“There are instructions on the life and death access cards.” Ann says brushing her hand in a circular motion on a nearby wall; the motion is big and swooping. A large black swirl starts to appear where her hands had been.