Chapter 5: Draculaura's Past!

Flashback!
       Over 1600 years ago, Laura was asleep in a small cottage. She woke up with a start. She was only 12 years old. She sat up as her mom walked into her room with a lit torch. It was late and very dark. "Good morning, sweetheart." Camille greeted. "What was that noise I heard?" Laura asked. "Sweetheart, we have to leave." Camille replied. "What? Why?" Laura asked and Camille sighed. "Your father has found us." Camille replied and Laura gasped. "No!" Laura exclaimed. "I'm afraid so." Camille commented. "Is he out front?" Laura asked. "Yes, but I managed to lick him out. But it won't keep him gone forever." Camille replied as Laura began crying. "What do we do, mom?" Laura asked. "We run." Camille replied as she grabbed her daughters hand. "How? Where?" Laura asked. "Trust me." Camille replied and Laura nodded. "I do." Laura agreed and they both stood up.
      Camille opened a trapdoor and helped her daughter down, as she followed. Camille led Laura to a door and they ended up behind their house. Then she helped her daughter down the sewer as they both made their way across with Camille holding up the torch, to guide them. "Where are we going?" Laura asked and Camille sighed. "I'm not sure, sweetheart." Camille replied as they kept walking. It was dark and wet. Every little sound freaked Laura out, and Camille had to be strong for her daughter. That's all she ever did, tried to be there for Laura and helped her in every way possible. Camille watched Laura very close and squeezed her hand in comfort as Laura sighed.
     After they were long gone, they climbed out of the sewer. "Where are we, mom?" Laura asked. "I'm not sure." Camille replied. "They were outside a huge mansion. It was dark and creepy with a fence surrounding it. The fence door opened up. Camille took her daughters hand and took a step back. Camille felt a hand on her shoulder and screamed when she saw it was her husband whom she had left years ago, Gaius. "How did you find us?" Camille asked as she forced her daughter behind her. "I've been following you in that dank sewer for the past 24 hours." Gaius replied. "Just please, leave us alone." Camille pleaded and he laughed. "Never." Gaius told her. He grabbed her throat and threw her up against the fence as Laura screamed in fear.
     Dracula flew toward the window and transformed back into himself as he watched what was going outside his mansion. People usually run past it, terrified. But these people, they were standing there. He watched as a man started choking a women as he threw her up against his fence. He glared at the man as he watched the girl. He knew she was young, not even a teenager yet. She shouldn't witness this man hurting, who he presumes to be her mom. He opened the window and turned into a bat as he began flying toward them. Gaius jumped back when he saw a bat. Camille fell to the ground as Laura ran to her. "Mom!" Laura exclaimed in tears. Dracula transformed back into himself. "What are you?" Gaius asked. "The very first vampire to walk the Earth." Dracula replied. His heart pounded as he ran off.
      Dracula walked up to Camille and Laura. Laura got in front of her mom. "Stay away!" Laura yelled and he sighed. "Look, I'm just trying to help your mother." Dracula told her. Dracula noticed something in the young girl. There was a fire in her eyes. "You're a vampire." Laura told him. "I am aware." Dracula agreed. Camille stood up and stood in front of her daughter. "Thank you, for driving Gaius away." Camille commented and Dracula nodded with a smirk. "It was nothing." Dracula told her and she smiled. "I'm Camille and this is my daughter, Laura." Camille greeted. "I'm Dracula." Dracula greeted. "I've heard terrible things about you." Camille told him. "Don't believe everything you hear." Dracula told her and she smiled. "I don't." Camille told him. Dracula looked around and laid eyes back on Camille. "You need my protection." Dracula told her and she sighed.
     It's been two years since Camille and Laura lived at Dracula's mansion. Laura was 14 now, just turned it. Laura looked out her bedroom window when she saw they were back. She ran down the many stairs as Camille and Dracula walked inside. "How was your honeymoon?" Laura asked and Camille laughed. "It was wonderful." Camille replied. "I will unpack." Dracula told her and kissed her cheek. He grabbed the bags and walked upstairs as Laura sighed. "You're husband hates me." Laura told her and Camille sighed. "He doesn't hate you. He just hasn't gotten to know you, and he's not kid friendly." Camille told her.
     Camille can convince Dracula of anything, when no one in the past could. It's because Dracula has never loved anyone before he met Camille, and it took him a while to admit that much. Dracula sighed as he knocked on Laura's door. Laura opened the door. "Hi." Laura greeted. "Wanna grab a bite?" Dracula asked. "Seriously?" Laura asked. "Sure." Dracula replied and Laura nodded as she sighed. "Okay." Camille agreed.
      Two more years has passed, four years since they met has passed. Laura is barely 16, and she has her license and a car. Dracula and Laura are like father and daughter now. Camille was walking down the stairs when she felt dizzy and stopped. She coughed and looked down to see blood. She felt a strong pain as she groaned and then started screaming. She collapsed and rolled down the stairs. Dracula flew down the stairs and gasped as he transformed back. He ran to her and picked her up. "Laura! Meet us at the hospital." Dracula screamed and then he ran out.
     Laura was in her room crying as she starred out the window. She walked out of her room and downstairs. She found her dad in his study. "Dad." Laura commented. He wiped his eyes and sighed. "Speak." Dracula commented. "It's been six months and I'm not okay. You've locked yourself in this room and I'm alone. All I've ever had was my mom, and now she's gone. She is gone and I am all alone! You told me that you would be the father I never had! Now is when I need my father! Because I'm alone and I can't do this. I can't, I can't, I can't, I can't! Everyday is hard to speak! My mom didn't tell anyone about this disease, and it was too late! It's not your fault, but I blamed myself for so long, but it's not mine either! I need my father." Laura explained as tears streamed down her face. Dracula looked up and locked eyed with her. He stood up and hugged her as she cried on him.
     Laura walked down the stairs when she felt dizzy. She felt heart pounding as she started coughing up blood. "No. No, no, no, no, no." Laura commented. She took another step and fell the rest of the way down. She fell unconscious when she hit the ground and Dracula ran towards her. He saw the blood and gasped as tears brimmed his eyes.  "Laura! Wake up! You can't die on me! No!" Dracula yelled. He picked her up and ran out.
     "She has the same disease as her mother." Dr. Carl told him. "Will she die too?" Dracula asked. "She's had it all her life, but no one caught on. So, most likely." Dr. Carl replied and Dracula sighed. He walked into Laura's room and watched her as she was unconscious. "I can't lose you like I lost your mother. You deserve to live. You deserve to live an eternity of life and love." Dracula commented. He took a deep breathe and knew that he had to turn her into a vampire.
End of Flashback!