Chapter 2: Ever After High!

Ever After!
     Lizzie ran down the corridor of her school. She ran until she pushed the big doors open and saw her Wonderland friends sitting on the steps of the school. Madeline Hatter, daughter of the mad hatter, jumped off of the railing that she sat upon. Kitty Cheshire, daughter of the Cheshire cat, disappeared from the bottom of the stairs, leaving only her smile, and reappeared at the top of the stairs. Bunny Blanc, daughter of the white rabbit, and Alistair Wonderland, son of Alice, looked up from the stairs they sat in and smiled as they held hands. They had just recently admitted how they felt and officially became a couple. "Sorry, I'm late." Lizzie told them as she was out of breathe. "You're not late, Liz. They're not even here yet." Kitty told her and Lizzie smiled. "Good." Lizzie commented. "They should be here any minute now!" Maddie exclaimed as she jumped up and down in excitement. Bunny thought she heard something from a small distance. "Did you hear that?" Bunny asked. "No." Alistair replied and Kitty looked in the same direction as Bunny. "I did." Kitty told her. Then a carriage pulled up with a big red heart on it with a crown on top of the heart. That's the Queen of Heart's signature. Then the driver opened and out came the Wonderlandians, the other Wonderland friends. Tammy Dee and Tony Dum walked out first. They're cousins, daughter of Tweedle Dee and son of Tweedle Dum. Dina Dormhouse walked out next, she's the daughter of the Dormmouse. Marchness Hare, son of the March Hare, walked out next. Then Cari Pillar, daughter of the Caterpillar walked out. The driver got back in and drove away.
    Maddie was the first to run down and hugged them in a group hug. Kitty disappeared and reappeared as she joined in. Then Bunny and Alistair grinned and ran up to them as they joined the hug. Lizzie gave a small smile as she watched them. She didn't give them the best first impression. The group were best friends since they were three, but Lizzie didn't become a part of that group until they were ten. That's because she pushed them away and purposely made them think she was just like her mom so they would be scared of her. Because that's what Lizzie was taught to do. But then one day, they saw that she wasn't who she said she was, and she truly had a kind heart and a beautiful soul. They've all been inseparable ever since. Dina looked over at her and smiled. "Come on, Liz. Join in!" Dina exclaimed. Lizzie laughed as she ran over and joined the group hug.
   The group were all talking and having fun in Maddie and Kitty's dorm room. There was a knock and Kitty stood up as she was still laughing, along with her friends. Kitty answered the door and saw Raven Queen standing there and Kitty spun around to the others. "Maddie, it's for you." Kitty told her. Maddie jumped up and ran to her best friend. Maddie took Raven's arm and pulled her inside as they hugged. "Hey, girl." Maddie greeted. "Hi, Mads." Raven greeted. "These are my other Wonderlandian friends. That's Tammy, Toni, Dina, Marchness, and Cari." Maddie introduced as she pointed to each of them. Raven smiled and waved at the group. "Nice to meet you." Raven greeted. "This is Raven Queen." Maddie introduced. "As in the Evil Queen?" Dina asked. "That's her mom, but don't worry because Raven is the opposite of evil." Maddie replied and Dina nodded. "Well, I'm glad I met you because I am your school tour guide for tomorrow." Raven told them. "Good to know." Tony commented. "Thanks." Cari added. "No problem." Raven told them. She waved at Maddie and walked away as Maddie closed the door. "Do the rest of you hang out with anyone that's not in Wonderland?" Marchness asked and Lizzie and Kitty both laughed. "No." Lizzie and Kitty replied in unison. "Come on, they're not that bad." Maddie told them as they sat back down. "Lizzie. Kitty. Have you guys even really talked to anyone from here? Interacted with them at all?" Cari asked. "I've exchanged a few words. But they're all so boring, nothing like us." Kitty replied. "Maybe that's a good thing. Not the boring part, but the part about them not being like us." Cari suggested and Kitty shrugged. "I don't care either way." Kitty told her. "And I won't bother." Lizzie told her. "Why not?" Marchness asked. "Because I already know how they see me, and nothing's going to change that. I'm not going to be like Raven and crave their approval, trying to prove I'm not the image they have burned in their minds." Lizzie replied. They all sighed as Lizzie looked down.
   Lizzie walked out of her last class and bumped into someone. "Off with your head!" Lizzie exclaimed. Daring smiled at her and she glared at him. "Hi." Daring greeted. "What?" Lizzie asked and Daring laughed as he shook his head. "Nothing." Daring replied. He bent down and picked up Lizzie's notebooks as he handed them back to her. "I don't need your help, I'm not a damsel in distress." Lizzie told him and he smirked. "That's the best thing about you." Daring told her and he walked away as Lizzie stood there confused. She looked over and he turned looked back at her and gave her one more smile. She watched him walk away and sighed as she walked toward the stairs. Cari walked up to Lizzie. "Who was that?" Cari asked. "Daring Charming." Lizzie replied. "As in King Charming?" Cari asked and Lizzie nodded. "That's him." Lizzie replied. "Is he your boyfriend?" Cari asked and Lizzie laughed. "You're kidding, right? You have to be kidding, because I would never date someone like him." Lizzie replied. "Because he's not from Wonderland?" Cari asked. "No, because he's superficial and popular. He's a player and only cares about himself and people similar to him." Lizzie replied and Cari nodded. "I was surprised to see you even talking to him." Cari told her and she shrugged. "He was just being Daring Charming. Just forget it." Lizzie told her and she walked away as Cari sighed. "Okay." Cari agreed.
    Raven walked up to Maddie. "Did you see that?" Raven asked. "See what?" Maddie asked. "Some women with a crown and a red cloak. She kind of looked like the Queen of Hearts from pictures I've seen." Raven replied. "It is! Oh my gosh! What is Lizzie's mother doing here?" Maddie asked and Raven shrugged. "I don't know. I just saw her pass by." Raven replied. "I have to find Lizzie! See you later, Raven!" Maddie exclaimed as she ran away. Raven shrugged and walked the opposite direction.
     Lizzie took off her red jacket and placed it on a chair. She went into her closet and a paper fell down and landed at her feet. She picked it up and couldn't believe what it was. It was the drawing that Daring gave her when he was trying and failing to flirt with her. She smiled remembering how hard he tried and how he risked humiliation to keep her secret. She still didn't understand why she saw him washing clothes outside of the school, but she figured that was a story for another day. She frowned and put that thought in the back of her mind as she put the picture in the back of the closet. There was a knock on the door and she sighed as she answered it. She gasped at who she saw. "Mom?" Lizzie asked.