Chapter Fifteen

Vaughn's POV

The rain pelted my face, the cold making my body rattle finding each step I took more painful then the last. The heavy footsteps behind me. I couldn't quite pin point from which direction or who it could be. Is it James? Or is it someone I need to run from?

That pussy, ran off! Idiot. He needs to learn to use his instinct like I do. When your in this line of business you can't use much else. If you want to be dead, James is going the right way about doing just that.

Someone touched my shoulder. I twist around ready to fight but I had no need too. "What the fuck man, never do that!" I shout loudly at him, at Gary.

"Oh chill out Mr cock tease," he said jabbing his finger into my side.

I grab his hand and twist him into a arm lock. "You know what I can do," I whisper before I let go.

"Never been the friendly type are you? Oh Vaughn you are never going to walk away from this stuff. It's you written all over. You lost your puppet I see? Or did he run off," Gary laughs.

"Oi leave him alone. Whether you like him or not you have no right. He is my best mate," I bark at him.

"Alright calm down, little guy," he said pocking me again.

I hit him right in the face...

I feel someone shaking me, I open my eyes and find James leaning over me. "You alright mate? Your sweating and you was shouting Gary a lot," he said sighing.

"I'm fine," I say pushing the covers off me and getting out of bed and heading out the room towards the bath room.

"You don't have to lie to me," he calls as I ignore him and slam the bathroom door and lock it. I go over to the sink and splash my face. There is every need to lie, I can't go into detail of what just happened. All I know is, it felt real and like it was happening all over again. A flash back within my dreams, I know this isn't a good thing.

Just another thing to add to all this shit. We need to get out of here, and we will be gone by tonight, if everyone likes it or not.

I spent most of the day packing up everything we needed to take with us, including James's presents. James's didn't ask how I got all the money I did to get him his presents, which included a Iphone 5. I don't want to go into details, but maybe I had the flash back because I'm digging deeper and deeper back into my old self slowly. I think the only thing that is going to keep me grounded, is James, Olivia and Theo.

I fear they may not be able to stop me, if I continue. Gary is right, the stuff we use to do, me all over. I've charged or tried too. I can still be harsh, still a complete dick but I changed never the less. Now, well opening all these doors up, I might just want to be that Vaughn again and if I'm that Vaughn, you probably want to run for the hills.

"Vaughn you alright?" Olivia asks coming into the back garden where I'm sitting on the wall looking into the distance across loads of houses but they aren't that close too each other considering.

I look down at her, "I've had better days. We'll be leaving soon. You going to be ok?" I ask her.

"Vaughn, I'm scared. Theo isn't himself anymore and I'm just emotional wreck. What the fuck am I meant to do? Our lives are fucked, we've fucked up yours too. We don't regret running away, the thought of one more night of..well yeah that we'll never regret it but they are going to find us. They killed her, it had to be them. You may be next. I don't know what I'll do if they hurt you or killed you in anyway," she says sadly.

"Oi enough of that bullshit alright? We are all going to be fine. I will protect us all, and don't worry about me Olivia I know what I'm doing. I've been closed to death plenty of times. My past is fall of crazy shit. No normal seventeen year old you know," I say as I jump off the wall and stand next to her.

"Vaughn I," she goes to say.

"Olivia enough. Everything will be fine," i say giving her a hug, losing my toughness for that split second knowing she needed it.

I pull away, straighten myself up and smile, "Now come on lets get ready to leave."