Chapter Twenty One

Vaughn's POV

Gary sneered at us. He reached out towards James and I, James pushed me back looking at Gary with pure anger. "This is all your doing," says James angrily.

"Well, if you two weren't such dick heads maybe you wouldn't be in this situation right now. If anyone's fault it is yours James. You came back to me, I finally found you," he laughs.

"You think this is funny? How dare you blame this on us! You stole his money, you are the one to blame for this!" I shout before James gets to retaliate.

"You haven't completely lost it though have you Vaughn? Mr Cock Tease himself still trying to be tough hey? You always liked trouble, managed to get out of it too. You got to walk away, you walked and left with out a fucking trace. You left me! I hate you for that. You deserve this, for being the asshole you always have been Vaughn. You will pay, you will get that fucking money!" Gary shouts as he grabs me by the throat.

I lashed out forcing him off me ramming him up against the wall. "You have no fucking idea do you! You knew not to mess with me back then, you should know that now! Whatever time has past, I'm still who I was back then deep in side you dick. Now why don't you shove your own dick in the nearest bloody paper shredder because if I see you again after today, trust me that be better then what I have planned to do to you!" I said firmly before I slammed his head against the wall and he blacks out, I let him crumble to the ground.

"Vaughn," James whispers.

"Come on, lets go get Theo and Olivia and get out of here." 

Jame's POV

I watched Vaughn as he unlocked the door Olivia is inside in. I watch as he pushed open the door, Olivia sitting on the ground with her head in her hands. Vaughn walked towards her and she only noticed once he stood right in front of her.

She jumped to her feet pulling him into a warm embrace, her face full of happiness. "Vaughn your alright, how did you escape where is Theo?" she asked.

"We are about to go get him. It doesn't matter how, we just need to go before we have no chance of getting away," he tells her.

"Vaughn when I saw what happened, I was so angry and...I was really worried. I'm so happy to see your alright, well kinda," she smiles slightly.

"Yeah I'll live and what about you?" he asks.

"A couple broken fingers but I've had it happen before," she says.

"That bastard broke your fingers?" he asked angrily.

"Yes but don't worry about that right now. We're alright and we are here together now, that is what matters. Your back by my side," she grins.

"Olivia this is all my fault," says Vaughn slowly.

"No don't go down that path, Vaughn never blame yourself," she tries to reassure him.

None of us said much after that, we found Theo and then we got out. We found ourselves walking for some time before we stumbled upon a train station. We knocked our brains together to try figure out where to go, what to do next.

I don't think any of us have many ideas. I feel myself getting angry. I don't know why I just can't quite find myself feeling relived anymore. I'm in a mood and a rotten one.

"I think we just need to find another place to lay low for a while," Vaughn finally says.

"How is that going to bloody help seriously? I don't see how that can help us at all. We did that before and look where that has got us. This all started when you got us involved in the drugs and now look all this shit we are in. Maybe we deserve this, maybe its our faults for getting involved in this shit. Why do you always seem to like trouble, you always seem to bring it straight to us, whether you do it on purpose or not," I snap.

"James I can't help it, its pointless arguing. No one has any other ideas," Vaughn says calmly.

"Why is it always like this with you. Look at us fucking all! We are all in a fucking state. You need medical attention, so does Olivia. We can't keep going on like this. I hate this, I've had enough. It's driving me up the wall. I can't bare it no more. I want a soft bed, I want to shower.  I want to see my family and I want to actually live a normal life again!"

"I'm not stopping you James. Go home, go on we won't chase you. We'll be fine. But I won't leave, I won't go home until I've got the bastards who has caused Olivia and Theo pain there whole life are sent down. I'll get them, James. I'll prove it, I just need enough time to figure out a full length plan," Vaughn tells me.

"I can't wait no more, you play make believe Vaughn. You were always so good at this crazy ass shit, I'm done!" I say before I look at them all one last time before I go over to the machine and buy myself a train ticket which will take me all the way home.

I look over at them one last time before I turn away and I don't look back.

I just can't do it anymore.

Vaughn's POV

Olivia leans her head against my shoulder as Theo sleeps on the grass sound a sleep. "Vaughn are you alright? What James said is out, he just walking away as its got too hard. You aren't to blame for this," she whispers to me.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. But he made his decision and I won't chase him. He deserves to go home, he deserves to finally get to walk away from my shit. I've always been a pretty shit best friend. He'll have a better life with out me," I tell her thinking over everything what has happened over the years.

He seemed to lose it so quickly, not long go was he on my side, through thick and thin. I really thought he'll be by my side till the very end. He has never walked away before, never left me. It's a strange feeling, its a horrible feeling and to be quite truthful I'm slightly dying inside already with out him here with me. I always felt i'll get through with him beside me, but now I feel really shit, like maybe I should give up.

But...I look at Olivia and I know I won't, I know I can't. I have to make sure I succeed. I care for her now, truly I do. I felt so worried when we all got taken in to different rooms. I missed her. I felt pretty scared her not being near me.

I've never felt like this about any girl before. I've had relationships but they all been pretty shit one way or another but this is different, it feels totally different, it feels kinda right if that makes sense. I don't know if I feel love for her because she has been with me for some time now, maybe love as in a friend, anything else? I really don't know about that.

I can't think about that right now. I have to think about how I'm going to stop us going around and around in circles. If I'm going to insure Olivia and Theo have any hope of getting out of that orphanage or at least taking down the people who have caused them pain, agony and a shit life then they may still have hope for a better future and I want that for the both of them. I took up to see if I can figure out what is happening but now I just want to make sure I can save them both...its strange right?

How much has changed... but yet James still has walked away.