Chapter Nineteen

Vaughn's POV

He is hurt...you can't! You won't get the money like that...alright but if you kill him no way we'll get the money...

I slowly opened my eyes, pain irrupting through my body, well pain is an understatement, agony feels more like it. I haven't felt like this in a long time. What I first noticed was my eyes hurt like hell, the next thing I came to understand is my arms and legs are chained to a chair. I can't move.

The voice I heard...who had that been? Where are they now? I finally manage to take in the room I am in. A small, dark stoned floor room. Maybe a cell? Maybe underground somewhere.

This isn't new to me. I've been in a few similar situations like this before but in those occasions it was because I had gone myself into that particular trouble, but this on the other hand? This doesn't add up and I'm hundred percent sure this isn't James or my fault. Someone has dropped us right in this, and by coming out in the open, by being on the news and on posters has led them straight to us.

Where is James? I hope he is alright. Oh shit! If they have hurt him...I'll never forgive myself. Hold up...where the fuck is Theo and Olivia? Fuck! This isn't good. Here I am thinking about myself and what about them three. Shit!

A fist colliding into my face broke me from my thoughts well and truly. Blood rises in my throat into my mouth which I spit onto the stone floor.

"Hello there Vaughn. Now your paying attention. We need that money you owe us remember? Look I don't want to play games. I don't want any more of your bullshit. You three little Friends put up a fight but lets just say James was never the fighter was he, not really that was you and well look at you now," he laughs a strong heavy laugh making me cringe.

"I don't have your money. I don't owe you anything. I don't know who has made you believe its me and James that owes you ten grand, we don't," I tell him.

His fist collides into my face again, the pain getting worse. "I haven't got time to do this all day. Look kid, admit you spent it go on. We'll work something else. Maybe you and your three pussy friends can work for me for couple years until I decide you debt is paid off," he sneers, "I'll love you back in the field Vaughn. You reputation is outstanding. Many people would love you in on it again but with them. By you joining me consider part of your debt paid off already," he smiles.

I look at him, "Go fuck yourself I'll never work for you!" I spit at him.

This time his fist collides into my stomach, I cry out in pain. "Well what happens next Vaughny boy is all on you."

Oliva's POV

I've been scared. I've hid in the corner in hope they leave me alone. I've had to protect Theo. I've always had to deal with each day as it came. I've never known life outside that orphanage but Vaughn has changed my life. Has made it better.

His smile makes me feel safe, makes me feel happy. His presence from the day I met him seemed to change everything. I would be lying if I said I don't care about him. Even saying I just see him as a friend would be a lie. As the days went by being beside him I've come to love him.

I've tried to push it aside, I've tried to act nothing is there. I've tried to convince myself nothing can ever happen but its never that easy. Love is strong. It always has been, I remember hearing that once from someone I can't quite remember who.

When I woke to shouting outside I woke with a start. I rushed in like a crazy protective girlfriend. I did damage I gave him a black eye, I took the knife from James and stabbed it into his leg but that's when two more men showed up. One grabbed me and knocked me out.

I remember it as clear as day. Now I'm stuck in this room, I've already been punished for what I did. To me its nothing, I'm use to torture, its not the first time my fingers have been broken but you can never quite get use to the pain.

I care more about what has happened to Vaughn. I miss him, I'm really worried about him. I think I love him, I want to try kiss his soft lips and tell him it be alright but I'll never have the guts to do that. I've always been a bit of a chicken shit when it came down to that. It's not like I've had any time to practice, all I've ever truly known is that orphanage.

I'm worried about Theo and James too of course. I know Theo be alright. He don't know nothing and he didn't even attack anyone. He went quietly, they told me they wouldn't hurt him at least. I know I can keep calm about Theo but if they lay one hand on him I will kick and scream and do what ever I could to know they have took it too far.

I realistically want to do that anyway, for Vaughn's sake but I know Vaughn is stronger. A lot stronger then Theo. I'm worried about James too, don't get me wrong but I guess I haven't really had the time to think about him, not with Theo and Vaughn well and truly planted in my mind.

All I know is, if we get out of this alive. I'm not going to let Vaughn out of my sight ever again.