Chapter Eleven

Jame's POV

Gary let out a loud laugh letting it echo around the warehouse his voice bouncing off the walls. "I guess it involves the boy next to you? What's your name!" he parks at Theo.

"My name is Theo," he whispered scared out his wits, I don't blame him. Gary can be hard to get on with, if you don't know what he is like. Vaughn, Gary and I go long back and he owes us plenty of favours.

"Theo I think I can remember that. If Mr Cock tease himself isn't here...something must be up. Let me have it," says Gary taking a seat on the nearest box to him.

"Vaughn with this other girl got split up from us but that doesn't matter here or there. I have to ask you something Gary and it isn't going to be something small," I say.

"It never is when it comes to you and Vaughn. I even know that. If you come to me you must be here for one of two reasons. One you need a place to hang low for a while or and this seems to be more obvious you need something that you haven't handled in quite some time...a gun."

"Alright Gary, yes I need a gun. We have no food, no water and Theo here needs to re-bandage his wound," I explain.

"Looks also you need to get your ankle checked out. You don't seem to be as good as you once was," says Gary.

"No I'm not. Neither is Vaughn. We put this way in our past and forgot about it," I tell him.

"So what changed? You said he dropped us straight in it again?" he asks.

"Yes he did. No offence Theo but him and his sister show up at his house count it as a break in if you must hurt and on the run. Some crazy shit is going on Gary," I say and go to continue but Gary cuts across.

"Vaughn once he grasps onto something that don't make sense or is crazy...he has to know he won't stop till he finds out what it is. No matter how long ago it was, this was bound to happen again some day. You sure you want to do this James?" he asks me.

"I have no choice Gary. Just give me the gun," I say hearing my voice shake. After all that I have been through with Vaughn. I've never been as tough as Vaughn and he is right I can be a pussy but I know right now I have to step up. Prove Vaughn I'll be alright on my own.

"Alright James, follow me."

Vaughn's POV

Olivia laughs so loud it ripped the morning air like a cannon ball. If people near by had still been asleep I'm sure that would of woke them up. Her smile seemed to make me feel at peace for that one moment. My heart leaping with happiness at how happy she seemed to be in that one moment. 

It all came crashing down when her smile vanished off her face her looking at me with worry. "Olivia what is," I cut short as someone grabs onto my arm. 

"What are you doing out of school?" the voice boomed loud and clear right in my ear.

"We have a teacher training day," Olivia said quickly.

"Well I'll let you off but I see you wondering around again you better hope you are telling the truth," he said as he let go of my arm and walked away.

I winked at Olivia before I ran the other direction of the police office towards a near by park I had spotted earlier. Olivia starts to run after me. I keep running until I made it into the park. I dash towards the pond up ahead and come to a stop in front of it. I drop my ruck sake on the ground and I'm about to sit down when Olivia came crashing into me and the next moment I hit the water with Olivia gripping onto my arm for dear life.

"Olivia you idiot!" I shout at her as she starts to splash in horror, fear in her eyes, her nails digging into my skin and I watch as her head sinks under water. Shit! I dive under and pull her back to the surface and I quickly help her back to the surface. I push her up onto the ground watching her pant.

I climb up next to her taking her hand. "Are you alright? Why was you so scared?" I ask.

"Thank you, Vaughn. You don't know how much that means to me. Thanks," she said again before bringing me into an embrace and I let her hold me, wondering why she had been so scared?

Jame's POV

Theo looks at me scared too death. "You wait here. Don't move until you see me leave the shop. Meet me at the tree alright? It be fine. Soon we will settle down for the night and we won't be hungry. I know what I'm doing," I reassure him. 

"Alright I get it. I think I do," he said shaking. 

"Calm down, don't be a pussy," I laugh reminding me of Vaughn calling me that. I can do this! 

 "Good luck," he whispered.

I nod as I put the black mask over my head and pull the gun out my pocket. "See you soon."

I head towards the shop, I look around its quiet. It is very late now. I'm surprised this shop is still open. I reach the door and I push it open. I hide myself so the shop keeper don't see me. I grab a basket and get what I need. I head towards the counter sighing.

"I'm sorry," I finally said to the shop keeping who had now just spotted me.

"What are you doing?" he asked confused.

"I'm robbing you. I have too. I need some cash too, please," I say pointing the gun directly at him.

"Shit alright calm down I'll get you it," he said as he opened the till and handed me over hundred quid.

"Alright thanks," I say as I take a plastic bag and chuck in the money and the stuff I had picked up.

"Who says thanks when there," he goes to say.

"I do now shut up and get down behind there. Don't you dare try anything," I warn him.

He nods and does what I say. "Sorry," I whisper as I leave the shop and run for it as quickly as I can with my ankle and as far as I can away from that shop and hopefully I'll never see that man again.