Chapter Thirteen

Vaughn's POV

I think I've made plenty of promises. I've kept most of them but like every other human I've broke them too but I want Olivia to know I'll do everything I can to keep my promise to her. We will make it to her relatives house one way or another.

I want to ask Olivia so many questions and I want her to open up to me and tell me everything I want and need to know. You can't blame me for what I want to know but I also feel like I'm being too pushy.

I'm starting to care about her. Not just because I'm interested in all that is going on in there life, far from it. I see someone that needs help. Theo and Olivia need help. No question about that, the moment they stepped into my house I knew that for sure.

"Vaughn are you alright?" asked Olivia as we jumped off the bus. I look left and right before I look towards her and smile.

"Yes I'm fine. Olivia do you trust me?" I ask her.

"Yes, I do. It's weird I have this feeling around you. A good feeling, I feel safe and warm," she smiles softly and I smile back. Her smile is beautiful, welcoming. I've never felt like this before, hands down I think Olivia would be hundred percent better then Amy but does that really say much.

Talking of Amy, she has tried to call. My parents too. I'm sure by now they got the police involved. I feel bad. In a few days it be...James birthday and we be stuck on the run. I may not even be there on his birthday if we take too much longer in getting to there relatives house.

Suddenly Olivia took my hand squeezing it softly, "I trust in you more then anyone else in my life apart from Theo. I'm sorry I've been distant and I thank you for actually caring. I'm not use to anyone caring. It's more then just running away from just a home. We ran before we ended up dead. We ran before they hurt him again..."

"Who hurt you? What's been going on Olivia?" I ask confused.

"I don't know how to even tell you. It's hard and Theo should be around when I do really but I know you deserve to know and I want you to know I do trust you. We have no parents, its just me and Theo. We have been in an orphanage for a long time," she whispers.

"Olivia...you said you got tortured by water was it them, the orphanage?" I ask her.

"Yes," she said her voice shaking.

"How can they get away with that?" I ask million thoughts roaming my thoughts.

"Your smart, Vaughn really smart. Put the pieces together. By us escaping what does it do?"

"It risks being exposed? For the orphanage. That's why they are after you isn't it?" I ask. her

"Yes. They are after us and I'm sure they want us alive but if it came to reliving anything they will kill us. This isn't just a silly run away or a game. Theo and I are in danger, a lot of it. We know so much and we have always been there experiment bodies, we are twins after all."

"I guess you don't want to tell me everything they have done?" I ask.

"Not now, I hope I've told you enough to help for now," she whispers.

"You have told me plenty," I say bringing her close to me and giving her a hug, "Don't you worry. I'll protect you and Theo. James and I will make sure that nothing bad will happen. Those bastards won't get away with this."

I let Olivia keep her head in my chest for a few minutes feeling her warmth, feeling her breathe against my chest. "Your the friend I've never had," she finally said before we let go.

"Well come on buddy lets go," I laugh as I mess up her hair and we both laugh before heading one step closer to finally arriving, now knowing more about what the hell is going on, but I don't like it one little bit.

This is bad.

Jame's POV

Theo cheered at the sight of the house. I just hope we have the right one. This could be wrong for the hell we know. After days of getting lost and having reimbursable talks with Theo we have made it.

Here it is right in front of us. We walk slowly towards it, I see the happiness all over Theo's face and I smile knowing he is happy we have finally made it.

We finally reach the front door and my mouth hangs open when I spot the door open by an inch but open all the same. I turn to Theo to see if he has noticed.

"Shit, why is the door open?" he questioned.

"Maybe Vaughn and Olivia are already here," I smile.

He nods before he pushes the door open and we step within. We look around but silence all around. The corridor has oak floor's, beautiful pictures of art work. The stairs leading up stairs. I see the kitchen to the left and to the right...

"Theo no don't come in here," says Olivia quickly rushing forward tears in her eyes, she holds onto Theo not taking one look at me. I walk into the front room to find Vaughn on the floor, blood all over his clothes with a dead body with his arms.

"Get the other end. We got to clean her up so we can bury her," said Vaughn tears in his eyes.

"Don't tell me this is?" I begin.

"Yes its there relative. This shit just got a lot fucking worse. Get the other end and I can tell you what I know but you aren't going to like it," says Vaughn through greeted teeth.

I rush forward and take her feet the smell hitting my nose making me gag slightly," What's wrong pussy?" he asks.

"Not use to it," I whisper.

"Me either don't worry but lets hope this be the only body," he says softly.

"I hope so too," I say as we head towards the back door into the huge garden at back I can see it through the glassed doors, I notice Vaughn still limping ever so slightly but he seems to look better apart from all this blood.

"Oh James," says Vaughn.

"Yeah?" I ask.

He looked up at the clock and then at me,

"Happy Birthday."