Chapter six

I pant as I sprint through the the tunnel of my basement, James Theo and Olivia hot on my heels, my heart speeds up as I hear the police opening the door we just came through.

"Faster!" I yelled, "there right behind us." I skid to a stop almost banging into the door that will lead us outside.

"The key, the key wheres the fuming key!" I mutter to myself you see whenever I sneak out without my parents knowing I always leave the key somewhere where only I'll be able to get to it in all this panic and my adrenaline about to push me to the edge I cant remember where it is.

"THE PIPE!" James yells as he comes up behind me, "you always stick it to the bottom of the pipe!"

I sigh in relief and grab the key from the pipe, trying to steady my fingers I insert it into the lock and unlock the door, "Come on" I urge.

James Theo and Olivia follow suit I slam the door after them and lock it with the key. "Ha those bastards won't be able to get through now," I gloat in triumph.

I look around, we're out in the open and I suddenly feel ten times more vulnerable then I did running through the basement, there are two police cars parked outside the house.  They wont be able to come through the basement so they'll come back out the front any second now.

"We need to get a move on," Olivia breathes her voice clearly shaky, I see a bus rolling up on the opposite side of the road.

"The bus," James says reading my thoughts I nod and we all run towards it I let Theo James and Olivia get on first while fiddling through my rucksack trying to locate the money box I get on and hand the driver a ten pound note, "Keep the change," I breathe before rushing to the top of the double Decker and taking a well deserved seat next to James.

The bus drives away just as the police officers come rushing out through the front door looking pissed we all duck in our seats.

"We did it," Theo breathes, "we actually did it."

I look at us all crouched in a circle like little kids as if playing hide and seek and allow myself a smug smile, "Suckers."

Theo James and Olivia all laugh at my response. "This is insane," James says once we're all sitting comfortably in our seats, "You cant expect  us to get away with this." 

"We just need somewhere to go," I assure, "somewhere we can hide out for a bit and somewhere where these two can tell us what's really going on." I fix Theo and Olivia a look of contempt, they look back at me nervously.

"You have to tell us everything, you might not want to but we've just flipped our whole lives upside down for you."

"I have somewhere we can go," Olivia suddenly suggests.

"Where?" Theo asks looking at his sister confused.

"She's a distant relative, Cathy. Her home is just north from here we can stay there for as long as we need she's the best she won't say anything to anyone and she'll look after us all and like Vaughn said we can tell them whats going on they deserve to know," Olivia smiles at me and I feel something in my gut tighten.

"How far is it from here?" James asks.

"We have to get to Waterloo station and catch the train to High Gate it'll be an hour on the train, then we have to get the bus to Berklys Road, its quite a journey but the further we are from here the better right?"

"Right," I nod, "we have enough money for us to get there but then after that we'll have jack shit!"

 "You let Cathy worry about that," Theo smiles, "like Olivia said she'll take care of us."

"How's your leg?" I ask him.

"Better thanks."

I find myself wondering why I even care I barely know the guy, "You do know what this makes us don't you, running away from the police? They won't stop until they find us," says James. 

I let out a huge grin, "Yeah, we're a bunch of mother fucking fugitives!"