Chapter Twelve

Vaughn's POV

I look at Olivia wrapped in the blanket under the arch of a shut down shop, I think it use to be a tattoo shop. I lean against the wall looking out at the people rushing by before I look back to her again.

"Are you ever going to start trusting me? I don't have to be here you know," I whisper.

"Your not here to help me, its something else..so why should I tell you anything," she says suddenly.

"Look Olivia don't have an attitude with me. I've done all I have done to help you. Yes maybe my attentions haven't been out of the goodness of my heart or because I care about you. I hardly know you or your brother but I wouldn't want to see you hurt, I don't want this to end bad for you. I want to help you or I wouldn't be here otherwise. I know things you couldn't possibly fucking know. So don't start all this bullshit about your not here for me its for my own gain! Look Olivia just tell me, why was you so scared in the water?" I slowly ask.

She looked over at me, her eyes meeting mine. "You ever feared something before?" she asked.

"Yes," I nod slowly.

"Well tell me one of your fears," she barks at me.

I sigh knowing I never wanted to open this much up to anyone. Not after everything that has happened in my past with James beside. With James not here, I feel slightly lost but this may be my only chance to get something out of her, if I answered first.

I look right back at her...," One night I had no food, no water. I couldn't find James anywhere he had vanished. I was bleeding, rain falling, making the ground so muddy and slippery. In that moment I feared I wouldn't make it through the night. Then when the gun was rammed into my back, I gave up and feared for my life. So yes I fear death. I fear that just around the corner...My life will end."

Olivia looks at me strangely. I can't grasp what she is staring at me for, what she is thinking. Maybe how I got into that type of situation, I don't know.

She finally asked me over to her, to sit next to her. "You are the bravest guy I've ever met...I'm sure you could face hundred bullets and survive I can tell by just how little I've known you. I fear water, drowning...because I've been tortured with it..."

James's POV

"I can't believe you did it!"

Theo's comment circling around in my head many hours after him saying it as we both walk down a busy London street. Can't be sure where we are. I just know we are heading in the right direction that is all that matters for now.

"James are you alright? You not said much since last night," he says softly.

"I'm sorry Theo. All of this its crazy. None of it should of happened. I'm not saying you and your sister are to blame or that I regret meeting you, because I don't. You are pretty awesome Theo, you really are. I just I've broke the law...again," I sigh with annoyance.

"What type of stuff have you and Vaughn really gotten in to?" he asks.

"I don't think you really want to know Theo but you have to know it wasn't all our fault and you need to promise you won't ever stitch me or Vaughn up. We are putting everything out on the line for you," I say.

"I would never do that. My sister and I we owe you so much," he smiles.

"Alright then that's good at least then," I smile back.

I run my hand through my hair and sigh. "Hows your leg?" I ask.

"A lot better. It's clearing up nicely. Its weird how fast it has healed," he says.

"I know, it has healed very quickly. I hope Vaughn and Olivia are alright where ever they are. I miss them," I say softly.

"So do I  but I bet right now they are travelling too safe and sound towards my relatives house. Soon we all see each other. Nothing to worry about right?" he asks me.

"Yeah of course nothing to worry about."

Vaughn's POV

I swear trouble finds me. Each corner is like walking through another thorn bush. Maybe its my face? Maybe I have one of those faces to pick on? Maybe its the way I am, that's probably what it is.

"Alright leave the girl out of it!" I bark at the two tall lads in front of me heading towards Olivia.

"Why should we pussy!" they bark at me.

"Me a pussy? You having a fucking laugh mate? Say that one more time and both your heads will end up on the curb," I say angrily.

"Why should we pussy!" he shouts again.

In two huge strides I find myself in front of them. I grab onto the first guy and chuck him to the ground while I trip up the second him hitting his back with a loud cracking noise.

"Now who's the pussy! You big fucking cock wankers!" I scream at them.

"Vaughn, come on lets go before someone comes," whispers Olivia.

"Oh yeah right, don't worry. I'll make sure we make it to your relatives house so you can see Theo again," I say as we quickly get away from the two guys out cold.

"I look forward to it. I miss him...oh and Vaughn?" she asks.

"Yes?"

"When was you gonna ask about," she goes to ask.

"Soon enough you will tell me, its all in my charm," I say as I wink at her.

I just hope she does, because none of this will start making any sense till she starts stringing things together.