Doubts

"Um. Honey, may I speak with you for a moment? It's urgent." Queen Idun told King Adgar as she puts her hand on his shoulder.

"If it is really that necessary, very well." He responded. "Ben, can you excuse me and give us a minute? You can wait for me there, I'll be back." He asked Ben and gestured him to his bed, who, the latter didn't hesitate to comply. "Idun my love, what is it?"

"How's your first meeting with the boy?"

"It went well, and I have a minor headache." The king said as he rubbed his forehead with his right hand.

"Has he done anything to you?" She asked in a concerned voice.

"No need to worry, the boy had done nothing to me, I am just tired, that's all."

"That is good to hear, but have you discovered anything unusual of any sort?"

"Yes, actually. It seems that this boy can turn into weird beings which he referred to as "aliens" but aside from that, nothing's been unusual about him." He confessed.

"Are you sure we can trust our daughter in his hands? There's no telling, this boy might be a mole working for other kingdoms. Remember, we are on slightly bad terms with the Southern Isles and Weselton."

"Idun, my love, we had already talked about this. This boy can control flames, which can cancel Elsa's power of ice. This is an opportunity given only once to us, to help our daughter, this might not happen again if we let this opportunity go. I will put my trust in him and he's going to help our daughter, but I am not going to pry in on the boy's life."

"I am not asking you to expose him, I just want you to get him to explain more of his abilities. After what I just heard, I just cannot take any chances." Queen Idun insisted but the King didn't listen.

"I understand what you are trying to do my dear, but you also need to understand that it is not in our place to ask him about his private life. He even admits that he does not even know how he got here as much as we do. He will eventually talk to us in his own time about his other hidden abilities."

"Waiting for him to talk is not something I cannot afford to do. I need to know at once to protect Arendelle as its queen."

"Why did you ask me to bring him here to our castle in the first place if you were only going to deem him as a threat?"

"The reason I asked you to bring him here was that he was on Arendelle grounds. Think of what the other kingdoms might have thought if they were to discover an innocent young boy dying under our custody? What I did not expect was for him to possess some sort of magic like Elsa. I am not implying that he is a demon or a monster, but this kingdom also cannot have another magical incident again."

"I can see in his eyes that he's been doing this 'weird being' thing for a long time now and he's perfectly mastered it. He will eventually tell us once he feels comfortable around us. He only woke up not too long ago. And if you are so impatient, just try and speak to him in person rather than using me as a messenger. I am not a servant my love, I am your husband."

"I am not implying that you are one, but I cannot simply talk to him because after what you said, it sounds so dangerous, and I just cannot shake this feeling that he might end up losing control as Elsa did with her ice magic. We thought she had full control over her powers and Anna almost died because of it. I am just trying to be cautious and I am not asking you to interrogate him like a criminal, all I am saying for you to do is..."

"My love, I have other matters in hand rather than to talk about this. Right now, I just want to go and retire in our room. To be honest, I was hoping for a more natural conversation for once but I can see that you are not interested in one right at this moment. I see that you are more interested in keeping Elsa's powers a secret and knowing the boy's magical abilities rather than speaking to your husband as you used to..." She opened his mouth and was about to say something, but then immediately closed it and just stared at him. It felt like she wanted to apologize for her behaviour but then immediately retreated and went back to their room to continue writing letters to nearby kingdoms.