Part 7:Little things

Do unto people what you want to be
                       done unto you.

              🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Take very good care of yourself,aje ayi zumunci said Baba giving me a brown envelope as he hugged me I'll miss our debates hajiyata.

Ai you're the one encouraging her to talk to her elders like they are her equals umma responded.ita a dole me perspection she scoffed.

If you like Sit down there curled up by his side like a cat so that you can miss your flight she said turning to me.I'm waiting for Ya Amir Umma.

Right then he stepped out bidding our parents farewell as he head for the door.i followed suit after some hugs and words of advice.

Well for my midterm break I decided to go to kano,my hometown.I missed my extended family but I definitely missed the food more.My mom is a spectacular cook but my grandmother is in a league of her own,her food warmed my soul always.

Amir as usual was dropping me off at the airport,but then he miraculously had to drop by somewhere.

I really didn't mind because we were way ahead of schedule and all I cared for was buying my plantain chips so I continued scouting for a hawker as we drove to what I recognized as the way to Baba muktars house AKA umar's humble abode.i knew the street like the back of my hand do I told Ya Amir to drop me at the 'dukhan' as he went to fetch his errand.

Baba salam Alaikum I greeted the shop keeper which he did a double take as he recognized me and was like lale lale yau munyi manyan baki he sang which I smiled to.Zauna mana he said showing me a chair,Ina umaru din?he asked.no baba I'm actually in a hurry,ai ba tare muke ba.

I asked for the chips which he unfortunately had ran out off and made small talk as Amir's car rolled to a stop across the street.i bid him farewell as I made my way to the car

As I reached for the handle the window rolled down and I smelled his scent which made me look up quickly and lo and behold he was comfortably balanced in my supposed to be seat.As our eyes locked I rolled mine and made my way to the back.

The tension in this car is so thick it can suffocate my poor soul,Amir had to point it out as I played songs on the long drive to the airport.

You should play the Quran instead he pointed out as he turned off the music.how dare you I asked?its not like you're an ustaz btw.He turned and spared me a glance before deciding to ignore me,i was tired of the music anyway truth be told so I closed my eyes and drifted into my daydreams.

Kasa tashi mana I heard Amir saying as he woke me up from my nap,I fixed my veil and eyed him that I wasn't sleeping which he nodded his head to rapidily just to annoy me.

I got out of the car and Amir locked it up after umar bought down my luggage and backpack and we both strolled to the departures.The upside of being with them is that they handled everything while I looked in like a boss in charge or so I believe.

After they were done we sat at the waiting area waiting for me to board and I just remembered I did not get my plantain chips so I blamed Amir for not waking me to get them which he brushed me off.

When are you coming back?asked umar, in 2 weeks I guess I shrugged.Good he nodded my regards to everyone please it's been a while since I went to kano gwaggo tayi fushi I'm sure he said making a face I burst out laughing saying se na gaya mata he smiled saying she only believes you because you're her bestie.

My flight was called and Umar handed me my backpack at the bottom of the stairs of the plane stay safe and I hugged Amir a boarded the plane.As I made myself comfortable I reached into my backpack to get my Hisnul Muslim only to see it filled to the brim with my favorite brand of plantain chips Umar! i whispered with a small smile tugging at my lips...

I'm so sorry school got the best of me.
Hope you enjoy it!!
Like
Comment
Share
Vote

Amila 💫