Part 11: Bonding

🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌

Let me get a plate and dig in before this suya turns cold I said breaking the awkward silence as I made my way to the kitchen while he followed me with the suya.

We ended up making ourselves comfortable on the rocking chair in the garden after Umar promised me I could download all the movies I wanted with his wifii.And he will spill the tea on Amir'sdating life.

Mesa ba kaci?I asked after noticing I was the only one eating while he just rocked the chair as he watched the stars.I'm not hungry was his reply, that's why you're so thin ai I said but you must eat or I will force-feed you. He burst out laugh saying I'd love to see you try. After loads of threats, he finally gave in.Spill the tea on ya Amirs babe mana haba I complained he laughed saying i can't break our pact but you promised was my reply i did no such thing you tricked me.

After downloading a couple of movies I decided to call it a day since Umar was being abnormally quiet but when I made to leave he said I should please stay back he had something to say.

Can you save me the suspense and just say it I said as I sat down facing him. You were never the one to be patient he chuckled...I'm leaving he said. When?Where? I asked. Florida I leave Monday he replied with ya Amir? No. How long? 9 months said umar.Allah bada saa Ameen thank you he replied.

I didn't know how to tell you... He broke the silence i wanted to but I didn't know how...she stared at the sky while his eyes bored into her. I'm yet to come to terms with how much I will miss you he said which made her look at him in shock then quickly look away.

No need to put yourself through all that I'll always be here for you she said with a forced smile after all, what are best friends for? Don't worry I gotchu.I'll take care of Asher for us Goodnight and with that, she left him and made her way inside.

He stood up watching as she disappeared into the house with his tongue heavy from so many unsaid words.If there was anything thing he could do to get out of this course but duty calls and he was a man of his words as he made his way to his car.

Knowning that tonight i wasn't going to have a good night rest i made my way to an empty room and got in bed after saying my azkar. I burst into silent tears as all what Umar said to me came rushing back, I wasn't going to see him in 9 months and i still couldn't accept his gestures and more importantly reciprocate it, what kind of person am I? I pondered until i fell asleep with dreams filled with Him!

Vote/Comment/Share
Thank you
Amila💕