Chapter 25

I looked up, and realized that I was no longer in the field. Everything stopped spinning, and I quickly realized I was in a hospital.

Ugh.

I hate hospitals.

I thought about what just happened. Well, I just saw my mom. As much as I missed her, and hated to admit it, I just saw a vision.

She was telling me to be strong, and I knew I needed it.

Tears came to my eyes again, as I thought of how she died. It is a memory that everyone thought I forgot, like it didn't matter, since I was so little, but it did. I barely sleep anymore because of the dreams I have, and I think about, everyday.

Flashback:

It was 3 days since we went to the field.

Me and my mom were going to the bank to withdrawal some money for groceries, whatever that meant.

We arrived at a really big place. I remember looking up at it in awe, amazed that the ceiling was like a huge dome, and everything was so clean. My mom looked at my expression and laughed, not at me.

"Come on honey, there's already a big lineup." I nodded and followed her, and soon we were waiting in line. There was a big man in front of us, talking on his phone, looking annoyed, then a skinny guy, taping his foot impatiently. Then there was a woman, a pretty young woman with her boyfriend. They looked so happy and young. 

Yes, there was a lot of other people, but I remember them most clearly.

After waiting about 15 minutes, we were next in line, just normal people, when we heard a shot. My mom immediatly turned around, and she looked scared. There was another really loud noise, and I covered my hands with my ears.

"EVERYBODY GET DOWN, NOW!" I looked, and saw 3 people dressed in black, something covering there faces.

My mom pulled me down, and layed down next to me, covering me with her arm and half her body. There was another shot.

My mom looked up at the big man in front of us, who was still standing.

"What are you doing? Get down!"

The man just looked at us, shock filling his face.

"I said, EVERYBODY GET DOWN!"  The guy in black screamed. 

The man just looked at the guy in black, and did nothing.

I heard a bang.

I remember seeing a look of pain and confusion on the mans face, and then he fell down. My mom covered my eyes and screamed. By now, I was crying, and mom was trying to get me to calm down.

"Now, everybody stand up, and do EXACTLY what we say, or you could end up like our friend over there." 

Everybodystood up, shaking. My mom put me behind her back. She was trying to act strong for me, but I knew something was wrong, even though I wasn't sure what was happening, because I was only 4.

We heard the cops pull up outside, and the next part seemed to happen in slow motion.

The guy in black went crazy, despite the others warnings. The police finally busted in, as the guy started randomly shooting everywhere, desperatley trying to create a diversion.

I watched as three more people fell to the ground, caught in the wild ramapage.

3 people who would never see the light of day again, and that was soon to be 4 people.

He pointed his gun and aimed, that one shot, that changed my life forever. 

The bullet came whizzing towards me. I had no idea what ot was, I just knew it was dangeroux. 

I was pushed to the ground, hard, and when I looked up, I saw my mom, lying on the cold marble stone, motionless.

I knelt beside her, unsure of what was happening.

"Mommy?" I whispered.

And then, she was caried away but some big guys, and I was dragged away from her. 

That was the last time I saw my mom.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Thats, is something forever burned into my mind.